Need serious help please.

Options
124»

Replies

• Will do. I also noticed that salt plays a big role in how I feel (bloated or not).
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Will do. I also noticed that salt plays a big role in how I feel (bloated or not).
    Fantastic! Best of luck! Looking forward to seeing you post about your results, or with any questions. :drinker:
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Hang in there! I had a similar stall at around 18-20 lbs. I was never over my calories, exercising regularly, and always drank 7-9 glasses of water a day, but my scaled barely moved over a 3 week period. I hung in there, and now the past 5 weeks have felt like a landslide! You can do it! Just don't let the scale discourage you!
  • vdavis_89
    Options
    FYI for the people that are telling the OP that muscle wieghs more than fat.... A POUND OF FAT WIEGHS THE SAME AS A POUND OF MUSCLE! Thats why its called a pound.... a pound of feathers is going to weigh the same as a pound of cement! A pound of sugar will weigh the same a 1 pound hand wieght! The difference is that 1lb of fat takes up more room than 1 lb of muscle.... google it for pictures cause I don't know how to add those lol

FOR THE OP:
    I agree with most of the posters here, maybe you arent eating enough. Great job on making a step toward a healthy you! A lot of people would use a wheelchair as an excuse not to work out so that is huge on your part!! Good luck and hopefully you can get ver this bridge fast :)
  • graysmom2005
    graysmom2005 Posts: 1,882 Member
    Options
    Give MFP a chance. Follow the guidelines for calories, and allow yourself to eat different things that fall within the calorie and carb/fat/protein goals that they suggest. I guarantee that you will be happier, more satiated, with more energy and you will be able to stick to it.

Forget this mentality...
    I have been on a serious diet for about four weeks.
    If you want to get past "dieting" and make a long-lasting change, use the guidelines that MFP provides. Make a lifestyle change, fostering healthy habits including eating enough calories each day.
    THIS!! You certainly need to be eating more. So there's that. ;-) Also...you are going to probably fail if sticking to this kind of "diet". And I don't mean that ugly, because you CAN and WILL do this! But make it a lifestyle change you can live with. Only eating those foods isn't a lifestyle. Anyone would lose their mind over timing just eating those. Keep it all within the calorie range, keep it generally clean, but eat what you want within moderation and you will be golden. Good luck!!
  • Protein bread? Cut the bread. Only carbs you need are sweet potatoes, quiona, Ezekial Bread if you have any and limit to one slice a day, oats, and rice cakes in moderation. Up your veggies and eat healthy fats. Your not eating enough of the right stuff.

I eat the following:

Oats
    Natural PB
    Protein Beverly International Powder

Large salad with protein, cucumbers, veggies, spinach lettuce, lemon juice, Mrs. Dash, 1 TB Balsamic if I need dressing
    2-3 oz sweet potato

Protein after exercise

Protein for dinner of some kind 4-6 oz, large salad, veggies

DRINK TONS OF WATER, CUT OUT BREAD IF YOU CAN!! :)
  • Protein bread is essentially Ezekiel Bread.
  • Jorra
    Jorra Posts: 3,338 Member
    Options
    I'd like to point out that there's no real need to cut out carbs unless you have some kind of medical intolerance. Carbs do not make you fat, a caloric surplus does. Carbs, unless they are high in fiber, do not keep you satiated. That is the only reason to limit them. You want to eat more foods that keep you full.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    I'd like to point out that there's no real need to cut out carbs unless you have some kind of medical intolerance. Carbs do not make you fat, a caloric surplus does. Carbs, unless they are high in fiber, do not keep you satiated. That is the only reason to limit them. You want to eat more foods that keep you full.
    I second this. Do not fall into the "NO CARBS! THEY'RE EVIL!" trap.
  • I have, in the past, done low to no carbs and it didn't work. The only carbs I do now are complex carbs from things like Ezekiel Bread. NO refined carbs.
  • all2HisGlory
    Options

GOOD POINT!
  • mnwalkingqueen
    mnwalkingqueen Posts: 1,299 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and over 200 lbs the site gives me 1800 to eat a day. You may need to eat more calories.
  • Has this happened to anyone else? I was below my calorie count last night and got hungry. I made myself a baked potato in the microwave. Once I had the carbs in me, my appetite wend berserk! I kept eating and eating and couldn't stop! I must have downed over 1000 calories. I usually stay away from carbs, so I'm wondering if this was a reaction to the potato.

Anyone?