Former Weight Watchers Member Looking for Support on MFP

Options
I joined MFP years ago, I think but I couldn't quite get into it. I just recently left Weight watchers after losing almost 30 lbs and I don't want to go back, so it was suggested that I REALLY give this a try. I am looking for support and encouragement. Today will be my day 1 for real and I am going to see it through this time. I just need the support. I have a long long way to go and I want to do it the safe way.

Trying not to be Frantic Grandmother

Replies

• BackInAus
    BackInAus Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I have also lost a bit of weight with WW. My husband said to me recently, save your WW fees and you can use it to buy new clothes if you reach your goal by a designated date. I'll be there, I want new clothes! And the sooner, the better I say!
  • gingapeach
    gingapeach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    That is a FANTASTIC idea! I wish I could do that but I am going to use my fees to pay off my debt and then I am going to buy me something special once I am debt free. What is designated date if you don't mind sharing? I need to readjust my deadlines and goals.
  • gingapeach
    gingapeach Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • valh12
    valh12 Posts: 13
    Options
    you guys can add me if you like!!
  • MPwife10
    MPwife10 Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    I was thinking about WW then I saw this site and decided to try it first. People on here are amazing and so supportive....it has helped me so much in my journey. Feel free to add me if you would like :)
  • kegglesdog
    Options
    I am a WW member but love this site and diary tracking so much better than WW. Plus the constant changing of rules drives me bananas with WW, but I love the meetings and need the meetings. I always feel a bit more focused on my healh walking out after a meeting and I need all the help I can get. Good luck!
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I love this site and I believe it helps me quite a bit. I love being able to figure out the calorie intake of foods. I also went to weight watchers quite a few years ago and it was to expensive for me, and did not do me very much good. I will send you a friend request.
  • MommaSchwag
    MommaSchwag Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    :happy: I'm a former WW member as well. I lost 50 pounds in a year. I actually achieved lifetime and have stayed below goal for 2 years. However, I felt like their goal was above what I felt my healthiest weight could be, and I was stuck. I read the book Master Your Metabolism and it literally changed my life. I switched to counting calories, eating clean and organic and got into running. The next 20 pounds have literally fallen off in less than 6 months. I aspire to be a registered dietician, health educator and trainer and love to encourage others along their journey. Would love to offer any support. You can do this!
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Good luck with your journey! MFP has definitely helped me. Feel free to add me as well.
  • 27char
    Options
    I just started yesterday and i would love to help you,why'll you help me. i'am also on this herbalife diet,yes shakes and lots of vitamins.:wink:
  • 27char
    Options
    hi can you also help me out i just started this myfitnesspal yesterday need a little more encouragement,for others along the way. thank you.
  • kegglesdog
    Options
    Master Your Metabolism? Which one? Thanks