Please help me lose these 7lbs

Options
Hello :)

Where do i start...

I started MFP a couple of years ago weighing 133lbs

Last year I reached my goal weight of 119lbs, & then I even got down to 115lbs :happy:

This year I went to America for 2 weeks and a girls holiday for a week & ate & drank wayyyy too much! Resulting in me reaching 126lbs :sad:

I have been trying to shift these 7lbs for ages to get me back down to 119lbs but they just aren't going, i'm exercising & eating 1200kcals, i've tried eating more/less, changing my workouts etc but nothing works :sad:

If anyone can relate to this or has anyone advice for me i'd appreciate it a lot :smile:

Lissy :flowerforyou:

Replies

• backstreet1008
    Options
    First of all, just curious where are you from? I think it's hilarious that visiting America is what led you to gain weight. It just shows how messed up our country is when it comes to food.

As for your question, I would definitely suggest upping your calories for awhile. How long did you try that for? I change my calorie limits fairly often and I find it takes at least a few weeks until I start seeing results.
  • chatdude
    Options
    lol drank too much.

Hey im not sure i can help but ill tell you ive gained like 25 lbs since high school. It just comes with growing up.

I think if i lost 25 lbs most people would say i look unhealthy and my gf would probably ditch me. Sometimes you have to take your lumps and just realize youlll never look as good as you once did. Damn that post kinda sounds negative, forget my advice :grumble:
  • arttrans
    arttrans Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    You ought to start by putting your real picture in your profile. Just saying!
  • classyhoney
    classyhoney Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'm currently on the 17 Day Diet by Dr. Mike Moreno and I've lost 11 pounds in 10 days so far by working out 30-45 minutes per day. Since you only have 7 pounds to lose I can see you doing the first 17 days and reaching your goal weight then you can proceed to the final cycle which is for life.

The 17 Day Diet Plan

Days 1 – 17 are to “Accelerate” on a low carbohydrate diet that provides around 1200 calories. Eat unlimited lean meat and no-starch vegetables, two fat-free plain yogurts and two low-sugar fruits, a bit of oil, green tea, and 64 ounces of water a day. Typical for any low carb diet, fat-burning and fluid loss is favored during those days.

Days 18 – 34 are to “Activate” by calorie cycling (aka calorie shifting or calorie zigzagging), which means that the daily calorie intake cycles and recycles from low to high over the course of several days. The goal is to trick the metabolism to prevent it from slowing down. Two servings of whole grains are added to the above to raise the average calorie intake to 1500 a day.

Days 35 – 51 are to “Achieve” good eating habits that last a lifetime. This phase is the same as “Activate” except that lean meat is no longer unlimited and more grains and fruit are added, along with an optional serving of alcohol and a 100-calorie snack. In other words, the low carb diet is 'Out' and a balanced low-calorie diet is 'In' sans the processed food.

Day 52 and on are to “Arrive” at a lifelong eating plan, which is a constant cycling through phases 1, 2 and 3 - until the weekends when you can splurge. But don’t binge, says Dr. Mike, and if you gain more than 5 pounds, return immediately to phase 2.

For more information:
    www.the17daydiet.com/
    www.webmd.com/diet/features/17-day-diet-review
    www.amazon.com/17-Day-Diet-Doctors-Designed/dp/1451648650

We have a group here on MFP for 17 Day Diet:
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/930--17-day-diet
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/277-17-day-diet