Shakeology anyone?

Options
Who's tried it? What did you think of the taste? Would you recommend the $120 investment?

Replies

• Navmachine
    Options
    i remember when they had a booth at a local spa expo last year. i had a chocolate smoothie with a touch of peanut butter. definitely tastey, and didnt have that chalky grainy taste that i would have expected from a diet shake.
  • Jeff92se
    Jeff92se Posts: 3,369 Member
    Options
    no
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have tried both flavors. I did not find anything special about the taste, and I don't think it's worth the price. There are comparable products out there that are cost less and protein powders that taste better and are much cheaper.
  • chridow
    chridow Posts: 178
    Options
    I have tried both flavors. I did not find anything special about the taste, and I don't think it's worth the price. There are comparable products out there that are less money and protein powders that taste better and are much cheaper.

such as?
  • _GlaDOS_
    _GlaDOS_ Posts: 1,520 Member
    Options
    I have tried both flavors. I did not find anything special about the taste, and I don't think it's worth the price. There are comparable products out there that are less money and protein powders that taste better and are much cheaper.

such as?

Depends on what you are looking for. A protein supplement? A meal replacement?

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/protein.htm
  • rachelcschmidt
    Options
    I recently had 2 free packs to try and added things to it to make it more interesting, but honestly for the price and for only having 2 flavors I think I'd have a tough time commiting to drinking it every single day.

I have been having some success with drinking my vegetables, though! I've been juicing kale, spinach, carrots, green apples, lemon, celery, etc (all the good for me stuff I hate to eat) and with a little tweaking have turned it into a daily routine drink. Plus, I can pronounce and buy all the ingredients myself and it's something I can share with my kids and family. I felt like on our family's budget, it would be too selfish to spend $120 a month on something just for me...
  • LLStover09
    LLStover09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Im not familiar with "shakeology" but recently started Visalus shakes and they are very yummy! Lot's of different recipes you can make and it's worked well so far. No chalky/gritty protein taste and really keeps you full! Definatley worth the $$
  • tjklloyd
    tjklloyd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I am doing the Visalus shakes as well, and they are delicious!! You can mix it with anything. I am doing one shake a day, started on Wednesday, 12/7/2011 and I weighed myself this morning and have lost 7 lbs!! And no...they have not caused me to go to the bathroom a lot, so, I don't think that was the weight, I really think it was weight and I feel better. Not bogged down after a big meal or anything. :)
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    too expensive. same stuff available for much cheaper
  • LLStover09
    LLStover09 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    They are fun and easy and leave you satisfied. I started them 2 days ago, 2 shakes a day (breakfast/lunch) with reasonable snacks between and a sensible dinner and have lost 3.8lbs so far. I feel great and find that I don't have the sweet cravings I had before. Definitely not a "forever" thing but hoping it will be a great way to get me over my plateau. I've never been a breakfast person so will prob continue one shake a day after. We shall see, all I know is I feel great. Good luck to you!!