What can I do to tighten my flab!!!! HELP

Options
Im loosing the weight but Im worried about the flab. How can I tighten up my stomache and arms. Im worried about having a pooch in my jeans from the extra flab. Someone please help any suggestions? I work out everyday doin Taebo and I do 30 min boxing sessions once a week but I need to get rid of the nasty flab! Any suggestions are welcomed!! Help!!!

Replies

• Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I'm with you re the help. My poor thighs look like elephant legs.......all wobbly and wrinkly!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Have you tried strength training? Weight training helps burn calories and toning. If you add weight training to your cardio you should start to see some great results with the proper program.
  • mysteria_
    mysteria_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    strength!! =]
  • kellyrsmith82
    Options
    What is the best strength workout out there?
  • hkfleming
    hkfleming Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I found this guide to be incredibly helpful - I've implemented Stroutman's suggestions and it's made a huge difference.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stroutman81/view/resistance-training-foundation-19725
  • kellyrsmith82
    Options
    Thanks so much everyone!!!
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    Those are great suggestions in the blog.

Also, If you workout at home I like the Jillian Michael's DVD's. She has Ripped in 30 which you only need 3-5 lb weights or one that is specifically working with weights.

At the gym you will want to target different muscles. If you have never lifted before I would check with the gym to see if there is someone there to show you how to do the moves properly.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Im loosing the weight but Im worried about the flab. How can I tighten up my stomache and arms. Im worried about having a pooch in my jeans from the extra flab. Someone please help any suggestions? I work out everyday doin Taebo and I do 30 min boxing sessions once a week but I need to get rid of the nasty flab! Any suggestions are welcomed!! Help!!!

Hi Kellyrsmith82, what Tae Bo workouts are you doing? I'm a huge fan of Tae Bo. It's my number one workout. I'm classified as obese on both the body fat percentage chart and BMI chart, which I can care less about the BMI chart. It's only the ratio between my height and weight. When I reach my body fat percentage goal, I will still be classified as being obese on the BMI chart, but I will be in the healthy range according to the body fat percentage chart. BMI doesn't know how much fat is on a person's body, the body fat percentage chart does.

If a person has a high body fat percentage, no matter what exercise they do, they will have flab. I have flab, but yet my body is tightening up. I'm doing Billy's PT 24/7 program and it's no joke.

If you still plan on doing Tae Bo and you don't have these workouts, I think you should add them to your collection. You can view the workouts on collagevideo.com. You can find the workouts at Walmart, Target, Barnes and Nobles, Amazon, etc.

These workouts uses weights.

Tae Bo Ripped Extreme (This is a woman's workout. Billy is the only man in the video.)

Billy's Boot Camp Cardio Sculpt

For Abs, no weights are used in this workout. You can check out Tae Bo Insane Abs.

I'm going to suggest another good program that you can also view on Collagevideo.com. Supreme 90 Day. It's a muscle confusion program.

Be patient with your body. You can do this! Believe in yourself!
  • StoryGirl9
    Options
    Mixing up workouts is extremely helpful - some resistance work a few days a week, maybe doing some kickboxing or plyometrics or biking or running a few days as well. I like p90X for that reason - you get a little of everything. I actually have little triangles starting to peak out of my triceps for the first time ever!