Gastric Bypass

princesitapr423
princesitapr423 Posts: 10
edited September 19 in Introduce Yourself
Hey my name is Priscilla and on November 17th 2008 and at that time i weighed 264 today December 16th 2008 I weigh 240 if you have any questions just ask i'm and open book

cilla

Replies

• Hey my name is Priscilla and on November 17th 2008 and at that time i weighed 264 today December 16th 2008 I weigh 240 if you have any questions just ask i'm and open book

cilla
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Welcome to MFP!! :flowerforyou:

You had gastric in November?
  • HI I'm new here & i'm waiting for the date of my surgery for gastric bypass. I'm extremely excited :happy: !! I've been going through Kaiser, So they have a 8 week class to prepare. It's been great! Who did you have surgery with? & which did you have lap or gastric?
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    My uncle had the lap band surgery last year and is now down 140 pounds.

Good luck.
  • watch48win
    watch48win Posts: 1,668 Member
    you all have more guts than I do....I would be too chicken to go under the knife. I have seen too many people in my office have the surgery, lose a ton of weight, just to gain it back because they never learned " how to eat healthy".

I wish you all the best and stick with MFP to watch calories and protion control

:flowerforyou:
  • crystal_sapphire
    crystal_sapphire Posts: 1,205 Member
    best wishes to you reaching your goals :smile:
  • I had the gastric bypass and i have no regrets

cilla
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 34,308 Member
    Welcome! I love your picture. Good for you that you are getting dressed up, doing your hair, and are happy with your decision! :flowerforyou:
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    I am glad you are here. Does it mean you are logging your foods each day? As you are young this is a great time to incorporate exercise into your life.

I have learned at the ripe old age of 47 that exericse is NOT just for weight loss. My cholesterol level is down, my anxiety is down...my confidence is UP UP UP!!

You look beautiful and I wish you luck on your journey!:flowerforyou:
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    I have learned at the ripe old age of 47 that exericse is NOT just for weight loss. My cholesterol level is down, my anxiety is down...my confidence is UP UP UP!!

AMEN to that, AWTY!
  • Hi Thanks for your replies & yes I have been Using my food diary daily. It's been helping me a lot, looking at what I'm really eatting. Truthfully this was my first time ever counting calories. I like it! A bit time consuming with a 14month old little boy, but I like it.:smile:
  • :bigsmile: So I've got my surgery date, Jan 20th!!! Wow it happened so fast, & even better my friend Kathy from our classes is having her sugery on the same day!! We are both so excited !!!!
  • LynnW52
    LynnW52 Posts: 1,151 Member
    Welcome, I've only been on here for a day and I can't even express to you how motivated it makes me feel. Good luck!
  • if anyone has any questions feel free to send me a message i'll answer it to the best of my abilities
  • yea november 17 and at that time i weighed 264 and now i weigh 238
  • HI I'm new here & i'm waiting for the date of my surgery for gastric bypass. I'm extremely excited :happy: !! I've been going through Kaiser, So they have a 8 week class to prepare. It's been great! Who did you have surgery with? & which did you have lap or gastric?

gastric and i live in new york i did it at montifiore
  • :flowerforyou: Well congratulations on the weight loss. You've just had your surgery then, wow! How has the liquid diet been treating you? I'm excited to finally have it done!! It's so soon & i'm glad about that otherwise I would be all anixous.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    good for your sunfluer!! Best of luck to you all!:flowerforyou:

BTW y'all are beautiful!:flowerforyou:
  • hey how have u been how did the surgery go?

cilla
This discussion has been closed.