Have you lost and then re-gained?

Options

Replies

• plzlbsbegone
    Options
    I lost 25lbs last summer. :ohwell: Gained most of it back. I lost it during a weight loss competition at work. I came in 3rd under to very large males, so I did well. But I did it the wrong way. I crash dieted and worked out for like 2-3 hours a day. It was unreasonable, and unhealthy. I couldn't keep that up! So know, I am doing this the right way, changing my lifestyle for good!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    All my life since I was a teenager.

Hoping this time is different because I'm doing this differently.
  • pftjill
    pftjill Posts: 488
    Options
    I have lost and regained with every pregnancy. The thing with me is I know I don't want to be there at that weight and I have no problem taking it off, because I know how. Hubs has decided we are done having kids. So I guess I get to reclaim my body-haha. I have 20 more lbs to get off to get back to where I was before having my last. I will not blame it on my pregnancies either. Pregnancy doesn't make you gain fat-I made myself gain the fat-haha!!
  • DonaA123
    DonaA123 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    yes i lost 80lbs only to gain it all back and more:sad:
  • Kris10can
    Options
    I can absolutely relate to everyone here...losing over a 100 pounds...and I have regained 50 of them (and of course lost and gained a few pounds in between) ....so frustrating!
  • cassuccino
    cassuccino Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    All my life since I was a teenager.

Hoping this time is different because I'm doing this differently.

Me too!!! =) Most recently I lost 70+ pounds (doing a high protein, low calorie diet with my nutritionist) but then my anti-depressant stopped working and I went into a major depressive episode. I gained all the weight back plus 20 extra pounds. =( That was in 2006. It has taken me this long to get motivated again to lose weight and so far, I've lost about 45 pounds. =)
  • cjudesaenz
    cjudesaenz Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    BLEH!!!! this is my reality and it is hard to maintain but where there is a will there is a way!!!!
    I started at 248 ---lost 50--- then back up to 222--- then down to 204--- then back up to 210---
    I am now trying hard to keep consistent and not let my stress and anxiety get the best of me but sometimes you cant HELP life wont through you a bone... but if we keep wanting we have to get there
  • TheFitHooker
    TheFitHooker Posts: 3,358 Member
    Options
    I had lost 70's last year in my pregnancy and then after having her I gained 25lb's back and now I've lost the 25lbs plus an extra 5lbs... When I realized I was going over the 200 mark again, I knew I had to do something. So here I am and I'm more serious now then I've ever been about losing weight and keeping it off and maintaining a healthy life style.
  • samanthaNT
    Options
    4 years ago I went from 190 to 120. But i did it way to fast and not in the healthiest way and went back up to 180. In January I started back again. I am down 36 pounds now and have been doing it a much better and healthier way. I feel like I have earned it this time!
  • Shawn_Marie
    Options
    I lost 85 pounds then gained it back after my 21 year old son committed suicide in fall of 2009. In the past few months (late summer) I started eating healthier and working out and have lost 30 of the 85. I have to be conscience of my eating habits daily and will have to do this for the rest of my life in order to keep the weight off. I was to the point where I really hated myself for turning to food when he was gone and knew he would not want me to be sad, so here I am. Feel free to add me .
  • CheleLynn44
    CheleLynn44 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I have also lost weight and gained it back and then some. In 2001 I lost about 85lbs, then in the coures of then next 3 years I put most of it back on and then this past year I added another 25lbs. Then a good friend introduced me to MFP and I feel like I am in control of my life again, and I am losing this weight. I really feel that I am going to do it this time for good.
  • Bearface115
    Bearface115 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have had the toughest time with this. i never broke through the 10 pound mark anywehre in my weight loss journery. i would lose 10 gain 15, lose 10 pounds, gain 20 and so on. so now i am tring to be a better eater and lose this weight. i WILL break through the 10 mark and finally see 11 pounds lost and so forwarth!
  • akjstyles
    akjstyles Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Yes! This is my 3rd time trying to lose a large amount of weight. I pray that this will be the last time I ever need to lose such a large amount of weight.
  • ALW65
    ALW65 Posts: 643 Member
    Options
    I seem to like gaining and losing the same 15-20 pounds over and over again - know what gets me down the most? When I see a post about a great weight loss and see they started on MFP the same time as me...except they've lost 90 pounds. A little follow-through would certainly go a long way for me
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I gave birth to my daughter in 2008 weighed 181 - went down to 140 by the time my daughter was 3 months old,
    aug 2009- weighed 130 & recently gained 22 lbs back :( Im attempting to get on the right track again. Its so hard when you eat emotionally !
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I lost about 75 pounds originally, I was 225 and I went down to 150. And then I pretended like I weight 150 for a long time when I often weighed 175 or 180. I was 173.4 when I got on MFP in August, and I have gotten myself down to 155 since then (and I am on track to lose more). I would be honored to be your MFP friend through the journey!
  • HartJames
    HartJames Posts: 789 Member
    Options
    You all re-inspire me every time :) Love to add some new peeps with similar struggles! Send me a note :)
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I lost about 20 odd lbs around april this year? Then by novemeber had put back on that 20lbs and another almost 20lb:ohwell: So yeah...I am finding it harder this time around for some reason.
  • countrylove71989
    Options
    I lost alot of weight when I was living with my dad and I gained it all back and more when I moved back near my mom. I want it gone but I don't really have the support I need to get back to what I want to be.
  • ripmeup
    Options
    My relationship with my spouse has made my motivation and dedcation plunge down, im 10# up since july :-(