No more BS

Options
I'm done being a door mat. I'm done doing what other people want me to. I'm done taking other people's advice on what is "best" for me. I've been doing that for 30 years and this is where it's gotten me - 30 years old and over 300 lbs.

Kid gloves are coming off and if I have to be a b*#ch to get what I need, the so be it.

I'm not a mean person. I'm a sweet person and I'm a kind person. But I'm done with the BS. Can I stand firm, stay focused, and do what's best for me without hurting anyone else? I sure hope so. But I doubt it.

I think that's ok though. I think I have to give myself permission to be a b*#ch. Because this is MY life, and I'm tired of feeling like I'm wasting it trying to please other people over myself.

Replies

• walkinmydoxies
    Options
    I agree...Love yourself first. Add me as friend if you like. Good luck! :drinker:
  • 170isreal
    170isreal Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I have a feeling you could never be a B***** but I think you can certainly learn how to be a strong willed and assertive women. It takes time and practice but you are growing the confidence that you need :)
  • 1prettysmile
    Options
    Making yourself a priority doesn't mean you're a b****. Sometimes we give so much to others that we don't take care of ourselves. It makes no sense to live that way, but we still do it. Yes, continue to be sweet and kind, but if you have to also be a little selfish to reach your goals... especially health/fitness goals, that's just what you have to do. We only get ONE life. Do we want to continue to please others while making ourselves miserable? Let's get on track to reaching our goals so that 2012 can be our best year ever! See you at the finish line!
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    Ramen to that girl !
  • zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    I believe in you :) You're gunna rock 2012
  • whitehandlady
    whitehandlady Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    don't feel like you're a *****......take your life back !!!! :)
  • loulou1949
    loulou1949 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    You can do it. I felt the same way about a year ago. It is time you do for you. Good health is the #1 goal. It takes a lot of power to do for yourself if you are not accustomed to doing it. I think you have the power, in fact I know you have the power. Keep on keepin' on. If you want to talk to someone who knows what it is like, just contact me
  • krsmith60
    Options
    you GO GIRL!!!..you can do it :)
  • 2bFitNTrim
    2bFitNTrim Posts: 1,209 Member
    Options
    There's nothing B*tchy about taking care of yourself! Go ahead & go for it, you deserve it. Oh heck, we ALL deserve it! :smile:
  • kymdarnell
    Options
    you can do it !!! Reading your post reminded me of how I was a few years back - you don't need to become a b**** the solution is learning to say NO when you want to say NO and not feel guilty about saying NO....add me as friend if you like :smile: