Lifting Weights

Options
How do you break down your body parts when lifting per week? ex. chest/back Monday, shoulders, bicep, and triceps another.. and so on. How many sets and reps do you do?

Replies

• ansonrinesmith
    ansonrinesmith Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I do full cycle of circuit training, twice a week.
    I do 3 sets of 10.
    I always start with the largest muscles and work towards the smallest.
  • Rayman79
    Rayman79 Posts: 2,009 Member
    Options
    I'm in the fat loss phase of NROL at the moment.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    The split body program I use does upper/lower.. so one day I do chest, back, biceps/triceps, delts, lats etc and the next is quads/hams, hips and calfs.

I do two to three sets of each exercise with between 8-20 reps per exercise.
  • ShannonMpls
    ShannonMpls Posts: 1,936 Member
    Options
    I do full body strength training three days a week for one hour each day, circuit-style. Three sets with reps varying from 8-15, depending on the exercise and how heavy I'm lifting.
  • Canbfit4life
    Options
    3 sets of 15 ...and work on all muscles alternating
  • crystalcreek
    Options
    I do full body strength training three days a week for one hour each day, circuit-style. Three sets with reps varying from 8-15, depending on the exercise and how heavy I'm lifting.

This!
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options
    My Split..

Chest/Biceps

Back/Triceps

Legs/Shoulders

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/Justjoshin
  • GorillaNJ
    GorillaNJ Posts: 4,052 Member
    Options
    I'm in the fat loss phase of NROL at the moment.

I am in fat loss 3... and it is killer!
  • damienhampton
    Options
    for me i'm using the work out routine 5/3/1 and the way they have it split up is based on when you can work out. and they separate the work outs with compound movements like 1 day over head press day like military press, another day legs you would do squats leg press and calf raises, 3rd day would be chest, bench press with bar or dumbbells and dips, 4th day would be back day with lateral raises with or with out weights, bent over dumbbell rows and chin ups or lat-pulldowns. you can separate them in any way that fits your schedule. for me it's Monday Tuesday work out Wednesday off. Thur- Fri work out sat off and so on as long as i hit all 4 work outs in 7 days i'm good. give the work out 5/3/1 a shot it's all over the web just Google it or go to this web site www.strstd.com it will get you started. hope this answered your question. oh and as for rep range. reps1-5 is to build strength but wont build much muscle. reps 6-10 will build half strength half muscle. reps 11-20 will probably be the most beneficial for muscle/definition.
  • jmlrh2
    jmlrh2 Posts: 10
    Options
    I also do 5/3/1, very solid program, I usually do around 5 sets of 10 reps for the accessory work depending on the exercise. go to www.elitefts.com or Jim Wendlers website (the creator of 5/3/1) at www.jimwendler.com, also the program revolves around 4 core lifts that are done on separate days, the standing military press, deadlift, bench press, and squat. Depending on your goals you then do various amounts of accessory work.