Big difference?

Options
So the pic on the left is me about a year and a half ago before I got serious about this getting in shape stuff. I think I was probably 310 or so. And actually nervous to get on a southwest flight because of how they treat people. The picture on the right is about 2 weeks ago, I was down about 20 pounds from my starting weight of 305. Not looking to get the ego stroked, I just feel like I still look huge in the face. Not that I expect chiseled cheekbones at 280, but just thought I'd see a more dramatic difference.
beforeandafter-1.jpg

Replies

• Hola723
    Hola723 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I can totally see the difference! You are definitely much thinner in the face. Keep up the good work!
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I definitely see the difference, you are doing great!
  • fisherlassie
    fisherlassie Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    Definitely see big difference! Congratulations!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    i can tell a lot in the chin area!!
  • getsveltEagain
    getsveltEagain Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    Your cheeks are not as "plump" and your neck is thinner :wink: WTG!
  • SaltyPlusSweet
    Options
    I can see a big difference, looking good. Keep up the good work! :)
  • vjsavini
    vjsavini Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! 20 lbs is nothing to sneeze at! You are doing great! You have to remember to be in this for life.
  • kegonzales
    Options
    There is a definite difference. I can see it in your cheeks and chin. Keep up the good work and know that we are always our hardest critic.
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    There is most definitely a noticeable difference! The problem is we get too used to seeing ourselves, plus we're usually our own worst critics! Fantastic!!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i agree... i see the difference! you look younger too, i can see it in your eyes!
  • xtinalovexo
    xtinalovexo Posts: 1,376 Member
    Options
    i agree... i see the difference! you look younger too, i can see it in your eyes!
  • cofakid
    cofakid Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    you can see it! Dont give up keep at it and u'll see even more!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    i can tell a lot in the chin area!!

Same here, I can see it in the chin and neck. I'm about at the same place you are. Started 308, current 287.
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Take the picture at the same angle as your first picture and you will see the difference much more clearly! Keep it up!
  • sheshe32
    sheshe32 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    I can see it. You are looking awesome. I felt when I lost 20lbs last time I didnt see it. But when I look back at photos now, there definatly WAS a difference. Keep at it, you are doing really well!!:flowerforyou:
  • J3SSP3NNY
    Options
    There is a HUGE difference already.

Don't go being your worst enemy!
    :happy:
  • directorj
    directorj Posts: 537 Member
    Options
    yup I see a difference! good stuff
  • GeneaCindy
    GeneaCindy Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I see the difference too! Keep up the good work and keep taking photos!
  • dpedi
    dpedi Posts: 37
    Options
    I see a difference in your face!! Your doing great! Keep logging and keep up the good work. Maybe you could take measurements and record those along with your weight so that even if you don't feel or see a change your numbers can prove it to you. We are always our worst enemy!
  • summer827
    summer827 Posts: 516 Member
    Options
    I can see a difference! It's coming!! Keep it up!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!