exercise help

Options
Okay..so today we went grocery shopping...
Now before I ask let me explain a few things.
I have a very sedentary lifestyle. My job wasn't giving me any hours and I'm done there now, I have been for a week.
anyways, I live out of town, in the country pretty much you could say...so it isn't like I go shopping all the time..
anywho..
I went shopping with my grandma today, well SHE shopped I walked. I walked behind her. Walked around the store. Paused for maybe a few times, hardly at all..and if I did I kept moving my feet.

Count it as exercise or not?

Replies

• eellis2000
    eellis2000 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    i would and do.
  • cllmetatrsld
    cllmetatrsld Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    It's very light exercise, but yes. You wouldn't have burned many calories but every little bit helps. It also depends on how long you were walking for.
  • Jupitermermaid
    Jupitermermaid Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    It's up to you. If you feel like you did something out of the ordinary and feel it was exercise, count it. If this is something that really isn't out of the ordinary or unusal, don't count it. No one but you knows what your intake and outtake is in relation to calories spent and consumed. You don't need to kid anyone, least of all, yourself. We are here to support and motivate you, but it's you that has to decide what is working for you and what isn't.
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    Count it for personal motivation in your mind but I wouldn't suggest counting it in your log. MFP will greatly overestimate how many calories you actually burned. I never count daily activities unless they are extreme.
  • kristilovescake
    kristilovescake Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    When I have my epic 2+ hour long shopping trips, I'll log it as walking really SLOW and log about half the time, just to make sure I'm not overestimating. I also have my activity set as sedentary, so if I'm doing anything out of my ordinary 8-5 desk job, I usually log it. Just make sure you don't overestimate your calories burn and eat them all back or you'll hurt your progress.

Find out what works for you and just keep at it!