The dreaded POP

Options
I have cut back on my diet pop addiction, I can make it a whole day without one. I now only drink 4 or 5 a week. How is everyone else doing on the diet pop? Or do you think it is okay to have a few?

Replies

• shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    The chemicals obviously aren't good for you, however everything in moderation. Every week or so probably won't do too much noticeable harm. Great for you for cutting back!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    I seem to have lost my taste for it. Still have most of a two liter in the fridge. I had one big glass a week or two ago, and didn't want anymore. We'll see if I start craving again when allergy season hits. Meanwhile, maybe if you have to have it you could drink a big glass of water first, then a small glass of soda?
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    For me, it's better to stop cold turkey. If I have pops in the house I'll drink them at least once a day.
    It's a waste of money and at the same time it does not my body any good.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    The chemicals obviously aren't good for you

Why obviously? I've been drinking it for the last 6 months and I've never felt healthier, stronger, fitter.
  • Justjoshin
    Justjoshin Posts: 999 Member
    Options

Why obviously? I've been drinking it for the last 6 months and I've never felt healthier, stronger, fitter.

Over processed artificial crap.? Yeah, it makes me feel healthy, strong, and fit too..

Wait.. no actually it makes my stomach turn thinking about it.
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options

do you have any idea what you are doing to your body with the artificial sweeteners?!
    "obviously" not
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    I use to drink around 2-4 diet sodas a week, 20oz bottle size. Now it's down to about 1-2 a week, but lately. I've been having 3-5 Monster Zero energy drinks a week 16oz szie. No issues except for the crashing around the evening time.
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    I cut out those kinds of drinks entirely. Not all at once though. I'd just slowly reduce my consumption while increasing the water. Eventually, I found myself not craving the soda anymore. Not sure how, it just stopped.
  • nalaxia
    nalaxia Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I cut out soda some time ago, but I still get cravings for the carbonation once in awhile. I usually drink Blue Sky organic soda. It's sooo good!
  • Annakersey7212
    Annakersey7212 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    there are far worse things for you then diet soda. and if your on mfp your trying to lose weight so maybe you should deal with your food issues first. im 106 pounds and i LOVE sprite zero. i probably drink 2 a day. but i also drink a lot of water and i am addicted to coffee. None of these have calories. and as far as im concerned about chemicals (im a vegan) everything processed a person can eat in their diet, including all the processed meats and frozen dinners has ungodly amounts of chemicals if it is not organic. even if its raw vegetables if its not organic its been laced with chemicals. So honestly i wouldnt worry about diet soda.
  • sykin
    sykin Posts: 1,676 Member
    Options
    I cut it out completely so I could concentrate on getting enough water each day back in July and once in September, I craved pop. I had the calories left over so I had it but the moment I tasted it, I knew I wouldn't want pop again. It was so sweet, sugary and syrupy. It really ruined it for me. I've never had a craving for it again. But I think most foods/drinks are OK in moderation :)
  • karinaes
    karinaes Posts: 570 Member
    Options
    there are far worse things for you then diet soda. and if your on mfp your trying to lose weight so maybe you should deal with your food issues first. im 106 pounds and i LOVE sprite zero. i probably drink 2 a day. but i also drink a lot of water and i am addicted to coffee. None of these have calories. and as far as im concerned about chemicals (im a vegan) everything processed a person can eat in their diet, including all the processed meats and frozen dinners has ungodly amounts of chemicals if it is not organic. even if its raw vegetables if its not organic its been laced with chemicals. So honestly i wouldnt worry about diet soda.
    true, but why not encourage her to ease out from soda indefinitely? :flowerforyou:
  • Joisgettingfit
    Joisgettingfit Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I don't drink it that often, I mean sometimes i'll go through stages where I live off pepsi max (not literally that would be kind of unhealthy, you get the idea though) but that hasn't happened for a while.

At the moment my liquid intake consists of mainly water and various tea's. Sometimes i'll have a coffee to wake me up and the other day i got a hot chocolate from Nero's but it was way way to rich so i ended up chucking it in the bin after a few sips.