I think some introductions are in order...

Options
Sup MFP!

Here’s my stats
Occupation: Wife & Mother; Registered Orthopedic Nurse (The former is WAY more important than the latter obviously)
Originally from Philadelphia, PA; I moved to Calgary for love and career. I don’t like what I see in the mirror and truly I haven’t since... well, ever. I’ve tried a few diets in my time, but lack of funds has kept me from going TOO crazy, thank God. What I really need is someone (Or someones, as the case may be) that I can turn too when things seem bleak and I’m halfway deciding to surrender to my weight once again. All I’m doing right now is trying to:

1. Drink more water. If there’s one thing Dr. Bernstein’s diet taught me it’s that I always feel better with 2-3 liters (8-12 cups) of water in my system.

2. Include veggies in my meals. I’ve discovered a fondness for fresh and frozen veggies as of late. It’s cool ‘cause their filling without being hard on the calorie count.

3. Cram more exercise into my life. Since I work on a broken bones unit, I’m constantly running myself ragged 8 hours a day, four days a week. Problem is, IT DOESN’T SHOW! I’m tired of feeling like ‘the fat chick with the great personality’. I’m trying to motivate myself to at least work out on my days off, at most every day I can.

I’m in it for the long haul, peoples. I’ve got roughly 90 lbs to lose and I’m just getting started. So if anyone out there is in need of a friend or just a word of encouragement, I’ll be here to give it.

I’m really glad to be here, with so many good people doing good things. ^_^

Oh, and feel free to friend me! I can use all the help I can get.

Replies

• jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    WELCOME :laugh:
  • bethwyatt
    Options
    You are truly amazing :) For one)...putting yourself out there and being honest. and two)... I can read/feel that you have an amazing personality :) I have been on here a couple weeks "just to try it out" and have found how accountable you become to yourself and what an eye opener it is ! I would love a fellow friend to chat with and lend support . I am a "single mom" of two during the week since my husband works 2nd shift and I live a busy life working full time in a GI office so I look forward to getting online at nite now and really feeling a sense of accomplishment when I track my little progress and watch the wt go slowly down. I have overcome some major health issues and I now really believe in myself that I Really Can do this :):) hope to talk soon :)
  • tinkman
    Options
    Hi! I'm Taylor! I'm from Oklahoma (unfortunately considered a "fat state")

*Had a baby 4 months ago
    Occupation: Single mother of an infant & House Supervisor in the Home Health field.
    I've been the chubby girl my whole life.
    Summer of 2010 I started running (worked my way up from 2 miles to 15 miles a day), I ate healthy and I lost 25lbs in 14 weeks...from 175lbs to 150lbs...I got a job promotion so I could no longer run with my boyfriend. Well, I gained all the 25lbs back then I got pregnant and gained 23 more lbs. So, 4 months after baby I'm 190lbs and my goal is 130-140.
    Im sick of looking in the mirror and not recognizing myself...feeling uncomfortable in anything I wear, and wondering what man in his right mind would want to be with me looking this way. I've finally realized that I have to do SOMETHING...I've done it before, I can do it again....but this time around I dont have the boyfriend pushing me and motivating me AND i have a baby. Thats where you guys come in! =)

I've been praying for months for me to change lives. I found this site on Pinterest...what better way to help change lives while im changing and improving my own!
  • sinnercin
    Options
    Hello! I am new today too! Feel free to friend me and I'll friend you also. I am also just starting off. I am an ER doctor and I work crazy hours and I am married and a mom to two little men ages 5 and 7. It is tough managing work, family and trying to find time to eat right and work out. I am committed though! I just turned 40 a week ago on Thanksgiving and it is time to be healthy and strong again! I look forward to lots of motivation and making lots of new friends. I know we can do this together!