Advice please

Options
I've lost a lot of weight (90lbs total) and am at a point where I'm not 100% how much I have left to lose in terms of fat. I know that I do have a fair bit of extra skin, which is making it harder for me to ball park how much I should aim for as a final goal.

any suggestions? tips? advice?

Replies

• mysteria_
    mysteria_ Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend a lot on your height and body type...
  • kristenn1989
    kristenn1989 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I think it would depend a lot on your height and body type...

I'm 5'4 and I suppose I am more pear-shaped than anything else. I have larger hips and thighs and a small waist.
  • kristenn1989
    Options
    bump
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    I would speak to your doctor since they'll know what's fat and what's excess skin. I would also focus more on toning at this point.
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    I would speak to your doctor since they'll know what's fat and what's excess skin. I would also focus more on toning at this point.
    ^^ This ^^
    My doctor said 90kg would be my ideal. I had set a goal of 99kg, which was about 20lb above ideal. (1kg = 2.2lb)

I kept going to 97kg and felt lifeless ... I decided I was below goal so I increased my calorie intake to gain over a few days and the life returned to me. I am trying to drop slowly, but if I feel flat I just eat a bit more and 'hover'.

Building muscle would prob. maintain or even increase the weight a little - it is now more about the results than the numbers. The skin itself will go down over time, so just dress accordingly.

Cheers !
  • Crystalchaos72
    Options
    Seeing your doctor is a great idea or you can get your body fat% tested. Have you been strength training at all? That helps a lot, I have lost 117# and have minimal loose skin because of this and my initial weight loss was slow, tha last 65# went fast.
  • louisatanhuiying
    Options
    for now, i think you should keep with the diet. mainly - if your 'fair skin' is at your lower half of the body [cos you're pear shaped] then try doing exercises like squats, lunges to burn off the fats there. though i wouldn't advise you to do those exercises too often, because they very often cause muscular thighs.
  • kristenn1989
    Options
    Seeing your doctor is a great idea or you can get your body fat% tested. Have you been strength training at all? That helps a lot, I have lost 117# and have minimal loose skin because of this and my initial weight loss was slow, tha last 65# went fast.

I've done a bit of strength training, but find it hard to keep up while in school (especially near end of semester where even sleep becomes a luxury). I have weights and I don't mind doing it, but I have issues knowing what exactly to do.