Night Shift

Options
I've have recently switched to third shift (10 pm to 8 am) and it been a real hit to both my motivation and my strategy with weight loss and fitness. There are very few places to eat since only fast food places are opened. I'm finding a hard time cooking while I am getting use to the new shift and in an attempt to stay up, energy drinks have become my friend. I'm wondering for anyone who are also night people, what are some good strategies and tips for trying to be healthy. And if you have any tips on just dealing with the new schedule, that would be awesome as well. Thanks!

Replies

• kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Do you have a job where you can fit in some exercise? Either at your station or during lunch maybe there is a gym? I don't work nights often anymore but when I do I pack my lunch. Freezer meals are the best! Lots of good recipes on line, take one day make at least a week's worth and freeze them. A Coworker of mine cooks lots of chicken and brown rice at the begining of the week and ends up making easy meals from it throughout the week and if you are in a hurry grab some chicken, rice, and a veggie and head out the door...dinner already made!

Don't forget to use the search bar too because I've seen a couple of posts regarding this that have awesome info!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I've have recently switched to third shift (10 pm to 8 am) and it been a real hit to both my motivation and my strategy with weight loss and fitness. There are very few places to eat since only fast food places are opened. I'm finding a hard time cooking while I am getting use to the new shift and in an attempt to stay up, energy drinks have become my friend. I'm wondering for anyone who are also night people, what are some good strategies and tips for trying to be healthy. And if you have any tips on just dealing with the new schedule, that would be awesome as well. Thanks!

Try to sneak in your workout on the job - lol

That's what I did when I worked nights years ago. I did full body calisthenics and some cardio. It was great!
  • kathrynkatana
    kathrynkatana Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I totally didn't know there was a search bar. Exercise is a bit tough, I am on the computer and don't get a lunch. But I think I can find some time. There is a gym here. I will need to check if it open at night. Thanks :happy:
  • Alexdur85
    Alexdur85 Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    A coworker of mine brings a stepper. We use the computer and answer phones but there is some down time to be able to use it. Also those stretch bands.. you can do some workouts from your station with those.
  • Prettyme924
    Prettyme924 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    Bjs 90 calories chicken noodles soup...100 calories pop corn...lean cruise ..yogurt ..just a few things to grab n go ...I be too tired when I get off to cook so I know how it is ...or try to eat at 7 before work n just snack on fruit oatmeat dry cereal while at work ...