In need of a really effective cardio workout

Options
Right, I'm not very fit at all and I'm slimming down but now I want to make sure I end up with a nice hard stomach.. less flab around the arms and things like that.

Ideally I'm hoping that someone who is really knowedgable is going to see this and offer to work out a routine tailored for me ;)

You never know! Any advice would be much appreciated!

(oh and friend requests are always nice)

Replies

• scarletleavy
    scarletleavy Posts: 841 Member
    Options
  • fionarama
    fionarama Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    Everyone gets great results from Jillian DVD's. do 30 days Shred then do six week six pack.
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I did give shred a go and i didn't notice much change at all.. I don't think I put my full heart in to it tho :/

Any other recommendations?
  • rushmirmir
    Options
    I do turbo jam and it will work you I was not fit and now I can walk 3 miles and not think twice about it.
  • rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I have found Cycling to be extremely effective and enjoyable activity. Look fwd to it everyday!!
  • Hananiah
    Hananiah Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Over Thanksgiving break I went to my sister's house and she had me do "Insanity:Pure Cardio" workout. I recommend the Insanity series.
  • Demwitted
    Options
    The key for effective cardio imho is to find something active you like doing and do as much of it as you can. I'm a big fan of zumba because it is pretty fun. I've had friends get great results with p90x, but I don't think it looks like much fun.
  • Demwitted
    Options
    Also, my second(?) blog entry was 4 trainer sessions that were tailored for me if you want to check them out. They have strength and cardio elements. I'm not a trainer, but my trainer gave me the list and permission to share.
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If you would like to change it up a bit and get a killer WO in a short amount of time, I always recommend kettlebells. It really gets your heart pumping!! Look it up if you would like....it works your entire body at the same time!!!
  • EddieG77
    EddieG77 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    If you would like to change it up a bit and get a killer WO in a short amount of time, I always recommend kettlebells. It really gets your heart pumping!! Look it up if you would like....it works your entire body at the same time!!!