Feeling stuck

Options
Hey all,

My name is Katelyn and I'm hoping to lose about 20-30lbs and to really tone up. I've started the couch to a 5k plan so I can get into running since it seems like the fastest and cheapest way to get into shape. http://www.coolrunning.com/engine/2/2_3/181.shtml So far it seems to be helping and doable considering my activity level was basically sedentary before this. .

So far I've lost 6 pounds in two weeks. Five lbs in the first week, which I'm assuming was a bit of a fluke and might have to do with losing water weight.

I've been really great on my diet so far I eat about 1,200-1,400 calories a day and exercise three times a week. I'm going to try and eventually increase the amount of exercise I do a week but I'm taking baby steps so I'm more likely to stick with it. I've also set monthly fitness goals so it's not just about losing weight but rather getting in shape so I can try new things. For example this month I signed up for a bikram yoga class and in March I signed up for an 8k. I've never ran more than a mile at a time so it will definitely be a challenge to train for something like this.

Right now I'm feeling a bit stuck though because I just weighed myself this morning and it says I've gained two pounds. It also said that yesterday. I know I shouldn't get to upset about daily fluctuations but it's hard not to get discouraged especially since I only lost one pound last week. I feel like I'm really good about counting calories and measuring out portions. The only thing I can think of that might be causing this fluctuation is the creamer in my coffee as I don't do a terrific job measuring it out. I think I may have to swap coffee for tea. Do any of you have any suggestions to really jump start my weight loss? I'd really like to lose two pounds this week especially before the holidays. Let me know what you think!

3643484.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Replies

• Rae9911
    Rae9911 Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    Hey keep sticking to it. I know its soul destroying when you don't loose anything. I started in January 2011and first week lost 5lb next week lost 1lb then gained a 1lb. I truly belive that it is because your body is sorting itself out. I having been eating 1500 calories a day as per my Dr's instructions and making sure that I drink 8 glasses of water a day. May/June this year for 8 weeks I did not loose one ounce of weight but I just stuck to eating healthily and exercising and in July it started to shift again at 1lb a week. Since August when I injured my foot and am unable to exercise as I was on crutches for 5 weeks. But since then I have stuck to my calories without exercising as physio won't clear me for exercising yet only the ones they are giving me to do and have been losing between 1/2lb and 1lb a week. The only advise I can give is just stick to it and eventually you will see a difference. I also measure myself monthly and weigh myself weekly to keep it all in check and if I have not lost much weight I can always see a difference in the measurements.