Hvae you lost weight just going on the treadmill?

Options
I just want to hear from people who have only used the treadmill to lose weight or just walked to lose weight and no other type of exersice besides cleanign etc.I just want to see if its possible if you do 30mins a day on the treadmil you could lose alot of weight? what are your storys?

Replies

• asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Not by personal experience but as long as you eat under maintenance, you'll lose weight. So yes!
  • pammye65
    pammye65 Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    here lately i have been walking on the treadmill 15 or 20 minutes at a time.....get off and rest...do it again....rest...do it again. it ends up with me walking about an hour without me even realizing it! and I dont get as tired
  • sophieshaped
    sophieshaped Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Well, you're burning calories so there's no reason why not.

You can lose weight without any exercise at all, just through your calorie deficit. Though obviously some exercise is better than none!
  • parkhurstp1
    Options
    Yes I have aslong as you do not increase your calorie intake to compensate for the calories burned on the treadmill. .
  • borgi77
    Options
    Yes I lost 23 kilos and I do treadmill only and watch what I eat, it works for me :) I need to something else to help me tone up a bit more though but I find it an effective way to lose weight
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Cleaning is not exercise in my eyes.. It's a part of your everyday life.

To answer your question though, my primary form of cardio is walking on a treadmill for between 29-56 minutes a day. I have specific interval programs set up by my personal trainer that I do.. and I rotate them so I'm not doing the same one each time.

I also lift weights about 3X a week, and I have been losing weight just fine.
  • december8teen
    Options
    It depends on whether you're doing a high or low intensity workout, and whether with intervals or not. :)
  • dcfl2012
    Options
    Walking on the incline is where you burn the most calories -lol...I'm getting board of my routine(Due to a shoulder injury) -but I'm going to hit up the pool w/ a trainer next week. Don't give up : ) Plus-exercise and counting calories works soo well together-helps it burn off that pesky weight much more quickly ! Good luck to you :wink:
  • udallmom101
    udallmom101 Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    When I first started out, for about 4 months all I did was walk. I didn't factor in my cleaning as exercise, I just did that in my set up to light activity. I lost 15 lb. in that first 4 month. It was a very steady 1 lb. a week most times. It can be done. Eventually you may have to step up your pace, I did, but any type of healthy activity is a good activity.
  • aaleigha1
    aaleigha1 Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    I have in the past I lost 70lb doing walking and diet for 6 months then the next 6 months a couple of low impact dvds and pilates

and I so wish I was not so arthritic now if I was I would not have put on weight as I could be so much more active
  • sanddra
    Options
    Have you tried interval training on the treadmill. its a great way to burn loads of calories and more interesting than just joggin with the same speed for 30 mins.try it out! :)
  • fit4lyfeLisa
    fit4lyfeLisa Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    I have lost all of my weight using my treadmill and walking outside. I do 30-45 minutes on my treadmill in the evenings, and if I walk outside I walk for an hour or more. Walking has done wonders for me. (-:
  • beachbumdoug
    beachbumdoug Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I think you can, I have lost 30 pounds so far and the only exercise i do is walking at night after the kids go to bed. I try and vary the intensity and walk between 30-60 min every other day. Good luck!!!
  • unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options

LOL, not mine.
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    I just want to hear from people who have only used the treadmill to lose weight or just walked to lose weight and no other type of exersice besides cleanign etc.I just want to see if its possible if you do 30mins a day on the treadmil you could lose alot of weight? what are your storys?

Calories burned > Calories consumed = weight loss...is it that hard to understand?

Pretty much this, but if you're only looking for these types of success stories then you're only going to find these types of success stories thereby really limiting yourself in the positive advice you can receive by being open minded about fitness. I lost some weight primarily amping up my running and keeping caloic goals in check, I look good because I decided it wasn't enough.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Like the previous poster said if you eat under maintenance you will lose weight. Adding exercise will help burn fat and improve your metabolism. I do the Leslie Sansone Walk at Home DVD's and while I'm pretty new at this I'm down about 5 pounds in the last 2 weeks. And more importantly I have tons more energy and am feeling stronger. I do the videos twice a day five days a week and once a day the other two. I like to do a half hour to forty-five minutes in the morning and 45 minutes to an hour in the afternoon. That is all I do but her videos are more than just walking/jogging (you also do moves to tone and work the legs and upper body while you walk) so I feel like it's a good all around plan.
  • bjclaywell
    bjclaywell Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I lost my first 35 pounds by treadmill and diet alone. Once I quit seeing the fast results on the treadmill, I added in other things, such as the elliptical and circuit training classes. Even on an incline, my heart rate just doesn't get up that high on the treadmill anymore (I cannot run, so that's part of the problem.)

I still use the treadmill regularly, but have added in a variety of other things to keep the weight loss rolling, and to tone, etc.
  • Stacyanne324
    Stacyanne324 Posts: 780 Member
    Options

I think that depends on your every day life. :) I tidy up every day but a couple days a week (on a really good week..lol) I'll do more active cleaning like vacuuming, mopping, getting down and scrubbing, etc. I never count that on my log as exercise but it definitely helps!
  • iuangina
    iuangina Posts: 691 Member
    Options
    I lost a bunch of weight doing just the treadmill and/or running outside. However, I had to add weight training because I was dealing with flabby skin. I now run/walk on the treadmill/outside 5-6 days a week, lift weights at least 3x per week, and complete full body circuit training at least 3x per week. It has helped a lot with the flabby skin problem.

I think you can definitely lose weight by doing cardio only, but you will probably not look the way you want to look.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    When I first began this journey, I was 262 - real fat.
    And yes, I lost my first 40 lbs just walking.

At some point I reached a plateau and needed something with more intensity, but yes, one can lose weight just walking given that other items are being addressed as well: resistance exercise and diet.