My 435,269th attempt

Options
Hello all. My name is Gale. First of all, I am overweight. I have been overweight since I was about 10. I have been a little overweight. I have been morbidly obese. Right now, I am 200 lbs and 5'9". On Monday, I was 204.4. I am taking phentermine, Metformin (also for PCOS) and the lipotropic injections. I am eating 1200 (ish) calories a day. I am trying to make them healthy calories. I know that diet pills are not magic and do require significant work from me. I am seeing this as an opportunity to overhaul my habits so that the healthy me sticks around long after the pills are gone. I have a wonderful, supportive boyfriend who loves me like I am, but knows that I dont love me like I am. He is very supportive to my efforts and would like to see me succeed and, honestly, both of our vanity wants me to succeed. I am tired of hearing "when are you due?", I am tired of being the "pretty, big girl", I am tired of not being just "pretty". I look in the mirror most mornings and cry because I dont like what I see. I havent gone clothes shopping in years, because I hate trying on clothes and I hate not being able to get the cute stuff because it doesnt come in my size. I have tried just diet and exercise, I have been bulemic, I have tried skipping meals, I have tried fad diets, I have tried everything. I am done TRYING! I WILL be thin. I have a pair of size 7 jeans and a size 8 dress that are hanging on my bedroom wall that are my motivation. I will get into those pants! If anyone wants to friend me on here, I could use it. Having a support group and people who are paying attention to what I am eating and what I am doing will help me stay motivated to do what I know I need to do.

Replies

• cgrout78
    cgrout78 Posts: 1,679 Member
    Options
    welcome!!! MFP is a GREAT place for support, together we can reach our goals!
  • ottersln
    Options
    Hi Gale! I her your frustration and your determination. I am 48 years young and Mimi to a 2 year old grandson and 8 month old grand daughter. They are my motivation for losing this weight I've been carrying around for 17 years. I know that diabetes is in my future if I do not get my body in shape. For me that means eating a healthier diet daily. I use The 17 Day Diet as my basis for eating to live rather than living to eat. I workout 30-60 minutes a day. I run 30 of those minutes as I burn a lot of calories that way in a short period of time. As you can see on my tracker I have a ways to go yet but I am just as determined today as I was when I started this 2.5 months ago. I was 204 pounds then and started reading The 17 Day Diet book. I began to look at what I was buying at the grocery store and saw mostly fast digesting carbs and proteins. As I was reading the book I began to incorporate the basics to my eating plan and lost 5.5 pounds in a week just half heartily following it. That got my attention and I decided that if I was ever going to lose the weight and avoid the illnesses associated with obesity I had to do it now. I found this great tool at a bible study I was in and have been using it daily to keep track of what I eat.

Let me suggest you read up on BMR. Go under tools and use it to calculate your BMR and be sure you are eating at least your BMR calories. I was trying to eat 1200 but staying the same or gaining a little. My BMR was 1446 calories and that is if I was laying in the bed all day which I am totally not doing. So my body though it was starving and was holding onto the fat I guess. Now I eat more (these are healthy calories) and lose weight.

Not sure how to friend anyone on here yet... but I'll poke around and see if I can figure it out. If you know how send me one and I'll accept. Look forward to seeing less of you and hearing about your success soon.
  • Briacha
    Briacha Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Hi,

This is my 4569785736262 attempt too!!! We CAN do this ;)
  • staceyseeger
    staceyseeger Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Gale! MFP is great. You will find the support & motivation to get you through this! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sfburdett
    sfburdett Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Good luck Gale, your in the right place this is a great site with lots of help, advice to just general encouragement.

Regards

Stephen
  • joeykat16
    joeykat16 Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    Hi Gale! Feel free to add me. We have similar measurements... I'm 196lbs and 5'8". MFP is a great tool and will help with support and motivation! :)
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    can someone tell me how to get my ticker to show up at the bottom?
  • write2sonya
    write2sonya Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Hi Gale,

Welcome to MFP! I can totally relate to your story. Feel free to add me for ongoing support during your journey.

Note: To add a 'ticker' go to the Tools tab, then to the sub tab called Tickers from there you can customize your ticker or use one from MFP.

~Sonya:flowerforyou:
  • drbaska
    drbaska Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    Ladies - I can sense your frustration and sadness and determination! ...I am starting a 60 day Challenge group and have space for a few more people. I'd like to give my friends on MFP the first opportunity to take a look before I start inviting others. Would anyone like to hear more about it?

It would be fun to have our own small group on here! :heart:
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    If you are a clean speaking person feel free to add me as a friend, motivator and supporter. If you like to use foul language on here, then please just disregard this message. Good luck in the weight loss. I also take diet pills (adipex) from a dr. I also am the leader of our T.O.P.S group. I went to TOPS for 11 months before I started the diet pills, and in that time I lost some weight and gained some. At the end off 11 months I was up 1 lb. Then this past January I went to the Dr. and got some adipex. I only take one half of the diet pill each day except my 2 days off, I don't take them on those days. And I have lost 55 lbs. since started the pills. I just do not have the will power without the diet pills.
  • Jackie9950
    Jackie9950 Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    Hello~ this is also my millionth time! But I am convinced this will be the last time as well! If you need support feel free to add me! Good luck on your journey!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    I would LOVE a challenge!!!!!!!! Bring it!
  • BridgetForFitness
    Options
    Hi Gale,

There is a challenge starting Dec 20th--the Jillian Michaels Extreme Shed and Shred. You should check it out. You can add me if you like.
  • slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    I lost 9 stone in a year and feel great for it so give me a shout if you need any advice or anything! :) (126lb)
  • ingridesp
    ingridesp Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    You can lose the weight!