Running NSV!

Options
em9371
em9371 Posts: 1,047 Member
I've been doing interval training with 1 or 2 mins running the last month, last week I did 7 minutes continuous running. Today I was going for 10 mins but did a whole mile (12.45mins)!!

It's not exactly Olympic speed lol but it's a huge improvement from only doing 1 min a month ago :)

Replies

• angiek941
    angiek941 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    That's awesome! And that pace is nothing to laugh at. Keep it up!
  • em9371
    Options
    i think some people can walk faster than i can run but never mind :P im working up to 5-6 miles in an hour a long way to go yet though!
  • JoolieW68
    JoolieW68 Posts: 1,879 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    Congrats! It's awesome to see how far you've come
  • Jones4177
    Options
    Awesome, great job

I was in the same boat. I started I couldn't hardly run for 1:30 on Couch to 5K and now I'm running 30 min straight.

Keep it up, you will get there.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    great work! keep it up! :)
  • Shayyy01
    Shayyy01 Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome!! its a great feeling!!
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I started there too, and you can be so proud of yourself! Keep up the good work. Every improvement feels sooo good!
  • EricNCSU
    EricNCSU Posts: 699 Member
    Options
    That's a great pace for a beginner!! Awesome job! And the race is within yourself, don't compare yourself to others.. I know I have trouble with this as well.. I'm struggling through 13 minute miles and all my running friends who got me hooked on it are busting out 8 and 9 minute miles, but they've been running longer than I have!

Keep it up!
  • JDetro22
    Options
    What does NSV mean? I see it everywhere and can't seem to figure it out :-)
  • dorisholaway
    dorisholaway Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Be very proud of yourself. Any accomplishment is better then none at all. I would like to better myself on the cardio fit and elliptical. But so far I have been unable to. I can only get 2 minutes on each so far, but one day I will do more.
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    NSV is non scale victory ( I had to ask too!)
    I just signed up for c25k and I start in January. Congrats to you and You are an inspiration!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options

non scale victory...
  • ♥Amy♥
    ♥Amy♥ Posts: 714 Member
    Options

NSV= Non Scale Victory

Congrats on your running! I've recently started to incorporate some running into my walks. It's hard (at least for me)! I have to push myself constantly to keep going. You are doing an awesome job. Keep at it! :)
  • dlaplume2
    dlaplume2 Posts: 1,658 Member
    Options
    You will get there.

Congrats on your successes so far.
  • cayadear
    cayadear Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Congrats! Keep at it, I think I went from like 12 mins a few months ago and now my best time is 8.5 mins. Good job!
  • gioisa75
    gioisa75 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Great Job! I love running.
  • mathen2
    mathen2 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Thats awesome! Keep it up.
  • Running2Life
    Options
    Thats awesome! Congrats!
  • em9371
    Options
    thanks for all your replies!
    i couldnt actually believe I more than doubled what I did last week, turns out my PT had spotted me on treadmill and she came up to me afterwards and said she was so impressed with how much I have improved its made my day :) I think now i have got that far it will be easier to add a few more minutes every time, if I can do a mile another minute or 2 is nothing!!
    NSV is non scale victory ( I had to ask too!)
    I just signed up for c25k and I start in January. Congrats to you and You are an inspiration!
    good luck with your plan its not taken long to get this far you can do it!
    Congrats! Keep at it, I think I went from like 12 mins a few months ago and now my best time is 8.5 mins. Good job!
    whats the best way to increase your speed? I used to run a few years ago (before i got fat again!) and I got up to 6 miles@ 12min mile pace, but never managed to get faster than that. I would love to be able to do 10 min miles for an hour, but i could only ever do 10 min mile pace for a few mins :(