The Movies.....

Options
So - I'm taking a poll :-)

I am taking my son and nephew out to the movies tonight. I know I'll be eating popcorn, how could I not?? So, do I skip dinner and save the calories? Or do I eat a healthy dinner to get my nutrients in and go over in Calories?

(I worked extra hard at bootcamp this morning to buy me more as well. I'm just debating what to do about dinner)

Replies

• jamk1446
    jamk1446 Posts: 5,577 Member
    Options
    How much popcorn do you plan to eat? Will the popcorn lead to other things like a box of candy and a soda too? I've learned for myself that no matter how much popcorn I eat, I will still want a meal- something with protein. So, now if I want popcorn, I plan on sharing the small box and eat either before or after, depending on the movie time. But that's me and my issues.

Either way, if it's a one day thing, I think you'll be fine.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    When I read Mindless Eating, they talked about the movies and ran several experiments at the movies. I can't remember them all off the top of my head, but I think if you go and get a small popcorn and a diet soda, you shouldn't be in too bad a shape. Eat a good but low-cal meal ahead of time (lots of protein to fill you up), then get a small popcorn and enjoy it. Nothing wrong with an occasional splurge as long as it doesn't lead to massive overeating (in other words, don't get the big TUB of popcorn! LOL).

Enjoy your movie!
  • wgieni
    Options
    Good advice from kmbrooks! Eat a salad with some protein before you go. If you still feel the need for popcorn or cannot share with your son, get the small or child's size popcorn (no additional butter, toppings, or flavour salts) and I would get water rather than the diet pop. That way you won't be tempted by the other goodies, the water will flush the sodium from the popcorn and limit the damage.