Body Bugg

Options
I want one! I saw the biggest loser contestants wearing it and they have an add on the biggest loser web site. I have read some reviews on amazon and the negative ones are about the difficult set up. Is this true? I want yall's advice. I am willing to spend the $$$!!

Replies

• CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    I don't have any experience, but you may also be interested in the BodyMediaFit armband which is very similar BUT it also tracks the amount and quality of your sleep.
  • PoochPottery
    Options
    Personally I think the Body Bug is about the online subscription. You would be better off just getting a Really good heart rate monitor! That is just my opinion. See what others say.
  • CMmrsfloyd
    CMmrsfloyd Posts: 2,383 Member
    Options
    Personally I think the Body Bug is about the online subscription. You would be better off just getting a Really good heart rate monitor! That is just my opinion. See what others say.

Regular HRMs are not designed to be worn all day, only during workouts where you're getting your heartrate up. They are awesome (I have one and I use it for all my workouts) but they work very differently.
  • elizabethblake
    elizabethblake Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I want one! I saw the biggest loser contestants wearing it and they have an add on the biggest loser web site. I have read some reviews on amazon and the negative ones are about the difficult set up. Is this true? I want yall's advice. I am willing to spend the $$$!!

The set up is super easy. I got the version 3 model and sync display with 12 month free subscription to the website. It's great, really opened my eyes about how many calories I'm burning (or not).
  • DisneyAddictRW
    DisneyAddictRW Posts: 800 Member
    Options
    I have the body bugg and I just started using it last night. I like that I wear it all day so I can see when I have lazy moments. Hrm can be affected by stress and I have a lot. My heart rate an go up when I get stressed out. I needed something that wouldn't take that into affect. Talked to some personal trainers and they recommended the bog bugg over hrm however the monthly fee does suck wish that wasn't there but I got 6 months free when we bought it. Im sure a hrm would work fine and does for many it just is not what I was looking for.

Do lots of research and be sure what you get fits your lifestyle not someone else's.
  • carolann_22
    carolann_22 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    I have a Body Media Fit, which is the private equivalent for Bodybugg. Right now it's about $100 for the armband and a year of monitoring. It wasn't hard to set up at ALL. The thing I like best about it is it motivates me to MOVE. Not just exercise, but get up and move around instead of sitting on the couch, because you can totally see that sitting you're burning 1.3 calories a minute but walking around you're burning 3 or 4 cals a minute.
  • KarlDR
    KarlDR Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    I have the UK version of the Bodymedia Fit which it seems is pretty much the same device. I can totally recommend it, it's great. I had no problems setting it up at all (though I am a computer programmer!). It is such a useful device. For example, MFP was under-estimating my metabolic rate by about 1400 calories per day! This is very useful info!

I would take the sleep data with a pinch of salt though, it seems to think I'm sleeping when I'm just resting on the bed awake but that's the only part I've found not to be accurate.
  • KarlDR
    KarlDR Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    If you can afford I would also recommend getting the display. The "trip" function is so useful for tracking exercise calories (though you can do all that via the site too, it's just not as easy).