P90X is killing me...lol

Options
Day Two: Official diagnosis, wimpy. I made it through 25 minutes today. I think the exercises are waaaaaay harder than my marathon...I hate them...and what is with the effing IRRITATING guy on there? Does he ever shut the hell up????? I'm committed, going to do this for a month...deep breath. I am a badass. I am a badass. I am a badass.

Replies

• slay0r
    slay0r Posts: 669 Member
    Options
    It's 90 days not a month! Hang in there lol!
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    lol thanks. I'm doing the modified version before my ironman training plan starts.
  • Gee45
    Gee45 Posts: 171
    Options
    Awww, I like Tony. But even I think he talks to much on his One on One dvds, lol.
    Plyo is the hardest of them. Won't it be great when the next time you try it, you get to 30 mins. ;) You can always try switching it out for Cardio X for a couple weeks.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    you can mute the "talking" and select the "queuing" only option if your prefer. :)

I personally enjoy listing to Tonys banter, makes the time go faster - but not everyone does - so just select the alternative option.

Just be sure not to miss the great tips, Tony adds in on form, how to modify, etc throughout the workouts. Some of that is very important info.

I do agree the one on ones were way to talky. One reason I don't like them as much.
  • SimplyShanRunning
    SimplyShanRunning Posts: 885 Member
    Options
    lol thanks. I'm doing the modified version before my ironman training plan starts.

Is this going to be your first Ironman??? Thats a hard *kitten* goal! More power to ya but....If you can't make it through P90....girl you gotta lot of work ahead of you
  • trilikeagirl
    Options
    Ya, I need to listen for the tips it's all a little foreign...can I just mute the bull****? :noway:
  • sruffin9834
    Options
    I did that program! I absolutely HATED my life the first week and a half to two weeks. It gets better. Eventually you will actually start to enjoy it. The pain will get much better to manage! You will feel the burn but it won't last as long. I actually ended up looking forward to doing some of the days. I loved the program.

No, Tony Horton stays annoying the entire way through. A couple of days I thought I was going to throw a chair through the t.v. I would watch out for the abs dvd though. That sucker is HARD but worth it nonetheless.

Enjoy the program, it is worth it in the end. Have fun....
  • datguy2011
    datguy2011 Posts: 477 Member
    Options
    Tony shuts up.. after 90 days.
  • sharonhauptman
    sharonhauptman Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hi there. Make your own dvde and follow it. I do.
  • Miss_Chievous_wechange
    Options
    I love P90X workouts. Tony can be a bit annoying. I play the DVD with just the cues and listen to my own music while I work out.
  • tangal88
    tangal88 Posts: 689
    Options
    after you have done the DVDs a few times, you won't need the tips probably. (if you have gotten your form right) so you can start to mute then.

I will add though, occasionally, after going through the program 7 times, I still sometimes catch an important tip on foot, or body placement I had missed the previous 300,000 times.