New Year, New Me!

Options

Replies

• mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    I don't know how you feel about Dr. Oz (Some people think he's stupid lol) but I saw an episode where he was saying that once we hit our 30s our estrogel levels start going down which messes with the metabolism. He suggests taking flax seed oil. I got some and when I was taking them along with vitamin B and green tea pills it seemed to help. Not sure if that's something you'd like to try. I need to go back to taking them...I just really don't enjoy taking vitamins :sick:
    @ Maria - if you're looking for a good omega 3-6-9 supplement, you might want to consider Udo's Oil Blend, which is a blend of flax seed oil and other healthy oils: http://www.amazon.com/Flora-Udos-Choice-Oil-Blend/dp/B00028PDPM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323613696&sr=8-1

Its great stuff and I take ~2 tbsp of that every day. I put it on veggies and stir it into my cafe au lait -- it has a slightly nutty flavor and actually enhances the flavor of the food!

Thanx!! I'm definitely looking into this one.
  • mobskee
    mobskee Posts: 200
    Options
    I've been in shock mode for like two days now and have been eating everything in sight and I don't seem to care (need to stop this so bad). My 13 year old decided to turn into a teenager and cause some serious trouble two weekends in a row. I'm not sure what to do at this point...she doesn't seem to care about what she's done and the punishments are not phasing her at all. This is all out of nowhere...she's always been such a good kid...I'm just heart broken. Oh the joys of motherhood! Hoping for a better day tomorrow...
  • PennyLane1114
    PennyLane1114 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this!

My current weight is 169
    My goal weight for this is 163

I'm a 22 year old college student. Looking to drop my weight that I have gained over the past 3 1/2 years, plus some (to have a healthy body fat percentage and BMI).
    I'm always up for new MFP friends, add me and let's motivate each other!
  • PennyLane1114
    PennyLane1114 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I would love to do this!

My current weight is 169
    My goal weight for this is 163

I'm a 22 year old college student. Looking to drop my weight that I have gained over the past 3 1/2 years, plus some (to have a healthy body fat percentage and BMI).
    I'm always up for new MFP friends, add me and let's motivate each other!

Woops, just realized I'm a bit late on this... hahaha
  • MarineWifey09
    Options
    So with seeing a slight gain on the scale I have been motivated ever since....I know it's only been a few days but each day that I eat within my calorie budget, exercise, and drink a lot of water I feel even better than the day before! I hope I can keep going. I am so close to where I want to be.
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    So with seeing a slight gain on the scale I have been motivated ever since....I know it's only been a few days but each day that I eat within my calorie budget, exercise, and drink a lot of water I feel even better than the day before! I hope I can keep going. I am so close to where I want to be.
    Keep it going, Wimberley! You're going to feel so awesome when you hit that ultimate goal!!
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    Sorry I haven't updated the spreadsheet, you guys. My dad and his wife arrived last Thursday night and they just left today. I have been super busy during their stay. And I totally fell off the wagon. Suffice it to say that I indulged way, way too much during their visit. I did, at least, manage to get a couple of runs in, thankfully. So tomorrow it's back to business for me! I had a GREAT weigh-in last Friday, but I know that I will be up again this week. But I am a big girl, and I know that I am going to get this done sooner or later!
  • Mandalicious
    Options
    I've been in shock mode for like two days now and have been eating everything in sight and I don't seem to care (need to stop this so bad). My 13 year old decided to turn into a teenager and cause some serious trouble two weekends in a row. I'm not sure what to do at this point...she doesn't seem to care about what she's done and the punishments are not phasing her at all. This is all out of nowhere...she's always been such a good kid...I'm just heart broken. Oh the joys of motherhood! Hoping for a better day tomorrow...
    Gosh, Maria. I am so sorry to hear that. Teenagers sure know how to push the limits, don't they?! Hang in there!!
  • Balanced_Life
    Balanced_Life Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    Sorry I haven't updated the spreadsheet, you guys. My dad and his wife arrived last Thursday night and they just left today. I have been super busy during their stay. And I totally fell off the wagon. Suffice it to say that I indulged way, way too much during their visit. I did, at least, manage to get a couple of runs in, thankfully. So tomorrow it's back to business for me! I had a GREAT weigh-in last Friday, but I know that I will be up again this week. But I am a big girl, and I know that I am going to get this done sooner or later!
    That's the spirit, Mandy! Just focus during the next week and aim for another great weigh-in next Friday!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Maria, I'm really sorry to hear that. That sounds like a really tough situation. Keep in mind that this is probably just a phase that she's going through, and hang in there. :flowerforyou: And try to remember -- the only problem that food solves is hunger. :smile:
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    So I am struggling to stay focused. The holidays are really tough when it comes to staying on track when your on a diet. The only thing I had going for me was I still got some good workouts in. Unfortunately, I pulled something in my back yesterday and need to take a day or two off from exercising. And now that I'm back on birth control, I feel the urge to snack every chance I get. I just hope I can control my urge to eat everything in sight!! :( .......So how is everyone else doing?
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options

So sorry to hear that. My sister is also dealing with "teenager" issues, so I know how hard it can be. My kids are still young so I haven't had to deal with this yet, but I dread the day. Hang in there, hopefully one day you'll be able to look back and laugh at the craziness. ;)
  • henney16
    henney16 Posts: 288
    Options
    Sounds like a few of us our struggling. I weighed myself this morning after several days of hospital food, some late night snackings due to being awake with lil man and what not, I am back up to 229. I'm going to the gym tonight for the first time in a week if my children behave and allow me to get out a for a little bit. Hopefully I can cut that in half for weigh in this week, but if I don't, oh well, my wife and I just had a baby! I'm hoping the visit to the gym over the next few days will cut my gain in half so I can get back on track to making goal by the end. If I don't, no sweat...I'm still down 80 lbs in less than 8 months, so its only a matter of time before I hit my goal of 198

Dave
  • kmvp08
    kmvp08 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This month has been harder than I had anticpated, but that's mainly because I don't think I had a solid enough plan.

One Christmas lunch, dinner, party, team meeting, cookie exchange, gift exchange, ding dong - neighbor delivers yummy Christmas cookies and it gets crazy really fast!

I made cookies for my co-workers and my husband's co-workers and I've probably had about 10 cookies this week. I feel like the cookie monster!! :) And since eating flour/grains makes me feel somewhat ill I haven't felt that great this week. And I haven't entered all those cookies into my food diary either...not going to let those two days take out my whole week though.

Thankfully, I've been in line with my other food consumption and I"ve been working out.

@ Mimi
    I'm loving the Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea, it's helping me not eat a dozen cookies! :) (since I only ate 10 hee hee)

Great weight loss from last week and controlling your binge eating. I know that's really difficult.

@Maria
    Omega 3's from Trader Joe's have been tested by a 3rd party lab and shown to be on the money as far as stated ingredients

Hang in there with your teenager!

@Stephanie
    I've had a hard time focusing too! I hope you feel better. I used to have back issues and I've found that strengthening my core and yoga really helped a lot.

@Dave
    I can only imagine how busy your life is now. Hang in there, you can do it!

@Mandy
    I think we're all in the same boat! We just have to keep getting back up and try again.

Thanks to everyone for your commitment to each other and encouragement.
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Sounds like a few of us our struggling. I weighed myself this morning after several days of hospital food, some late night snackings due to being awake with lil man and what not, I am back up to 229. I'm going to the gym tonight for the first time in a week if my children behave and allow me to get out a for a little bit. Hopefully I can cut that in half for weigh in this week, but if I don't, oh well, my wife and I just had a baby! I'm hoping the visit to the gym over the next few days will cut my gain in half so I can get back on track to making goal by the end. If I don't, no sweat...I'm still down 80 lbs in less than 8 months, so its only a matter of time before I hit my goal of 198

Dave
    That's the right attitude! This is just a temporary blip, and you've done an awesome job during the past 8 months. And its great that you're going to resume your exercise routine even though you're so busy with the new baby!
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    Hi Everyone,

This month has been harder than I had anticpated, but that's mainly because I don't think I had a solid enough plan.

One Christmas lunch, dinner, party, team meeting, cookie exchange, gift exchange, ding dong - neighbor delivers yummy Christmas cookies and it gets crazy really fast!

I made cookies for my co-workers and my husband's co-workers and I've probably had about 10 cookies this week. I feel like the cookie monster!! :) And since eating flour/grains makes me feel somewhat ill I haven't felt that great this week. And I haven't entered all those cookies into my food diary either...not going to let those two days take out my whole week though.

Thankfully, I've been in line with my other food consumption and I"ve been working out.
    @ Kelly -- I know what you mean! All of the food during the holiday season makes it really tough to stay on track. Having only 10 cookies is actually pretty good, given the circumstances. :smile: And it's great that you've been keeping up with your exercise!

By the way, I have a company Christmas dinner this Friday at a fancy steakhouse -- all of the food will be high calorie! I'm going to try really hard not to exceed my maintenance calories that day, but its going to be hard.

@ Mimi
    I'm loving the Celestial Seasonings Sugar Cookie Sleigh Ride tea, it's helping me not eat a dozen cookies! :) (since I only ate 10 hee hee)

Great weight loss from last week and controlling your binge eating. I know that's really difficult.
    I'm glad you like that tea! Its one of my favorites.

Thanks! All of the support from you and my other MFP friends has been a great help in getting back on track and staying on track. :flowerforyou: I feel super motivated right now! :happy:
  • Balanced_Life
    Options
    So I am struggling to stay focused. The holidays are really tough when it comes to staying on track when your on a diet. The only thing I had going for me was I still got some good workouts in. Unfortunately, I pulled something in my back yesterday and need to take a day or two off from exercising. And now that I'm back on birth control, I feel the urge to snack every chance I get. I just hope I can control my urge to eat everything in sight!! :( .......So how is everyone else doing?
    @ Stephanie - hope your back feel better soon. The holidays are pretty tough! With all of the food around its like navigating a minefield. By the way, here are some links that have good tips for staying on track during the holidays:

http://www.tomvenuto.com/articles/holiday_survival_guide.shtml

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/fat-loss/10-tips-to-deal-with-holiday-weight-gain.html
  • FrancescaM2286
    Options
    Would love to join. Sooo new to this web site. MY name is Francesca and im 25 with a 3 yr old little girl im a stay at home mom who just done been over weight. At this moment i weigh in at 286 my highest ever i would love to get back into the 100 like 150 bfor my birthday in june. All this is new to me so everything is hard lol but im doing things i never did bfor like looking at the back of something bfor i eat it im walking way more just cuz i dnt like to exercise to much but im getting there. I dnt want my little girl to grow up with an over weight mom i sooo want to run around with her in the park not just sit there and watch her play. Btw goood luck eeveryone
  • ratsyroo
    ratsyroo Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Down 1 pound since last week to 147.2! Not a huge loss but I am thrilled considering I've been stuck going back & forth between 148-149.4 for a month, Thanks for the plateau-breaking advice, guys.
    This time of year is definitely the hardest for me~hard to resist all those Christmas goodies (and I like to bake which leads to taste testing)! Definitely reminds me how little self control I possess!
    Looks as if we are all struggling a bit this time around. We can do this though! Let's stick with it =)
  • MarineWifey09
    Options

I more than understand!!! For some reason every holiday season I get this urge to bake everything! So since I baked a cake the other day, I had some last night after eating 8 wings and some garlic fries, lol. See what I am saying?? It's hard girl but you cant ignore a craving or it will turn into a binge. Try to supplement any extra eating with an extra 30 minute walk! Today I am going crazy with my workout, lol!