What is eating clean?

I here this expression a lot. But I don't think everyone's idea of eating clean is the same as others. What is your idea of the meaning of the expression 'eating clean'?

Replies

• 0PhAtDaDdY
    0PhAtDaDdY Posts: 569 Member
    I wash my food before I eat it, LOL....
  • 3GKnight
    3GKnight Posts: 203
    I pray for it.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    trying to eat less processed food. labels will start and end with food...not a list of chemicals

eating fresh fruit, fresh vegetables, etc
  • ChangingJojo
    ChangingJojo Posts: 30 Member
    My definition of "eating clean" is eliminating processed foods and trying to stick with food that I prepare, fresh fruits and vegetables.
  • floweringcurrant
    floweringcurrant Posts: 112 Member
    In my experience, clean eating generally refers to people who eat hardly any processed foods. Like no processed white flours, no processed sugars, avoiding all that stuff with ingredients lists that we can't even pronounce. A clean diet would look like lots of fruits and vegetables, complex fats like avocado and nuts, whole grains like brown rice and quinoa, etc.
  • Yanicka1
    Yanicka1 Posts: 4,564 Member
    cooked from scratch.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    5 second rule
  • jwhitfield3
    jwhitfield3 Posts: 8 Member
    I'd do all three of the above: eat fresh fruits, vegetables and meats; wash them; pray over them.

That's about as clean as it gets. The less packaging the better. The shorter the ingredient list the better.
  • No flour, sugar or things that are man made like pasta.

So veg, salads, meats, natural things are ok. Organic the best. Nuts etc.

Its impossible to live clean totally in my opinion and you wouldn't want to.

Books like Dukans and Atkins touch on it.

Basically any unprocesses foods. Or anything that has not been messed about with by man.

Good luck
  • Articeluvsmemphis
    Articeluvsmemphis Posts: 1,987 Member
    I pray for it.

lol, love this, and the "washing it" post

I've looked it up many times, and it's "whole foods" fresh, raw fruits, veggies, you know real food, less chemicals . . . sorry, no junk allowed, I pass on this
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    5 second rule

LMAOOOO
  • Eating like they did 100 years ago.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    The less processed, the better. Not eating much that you don't prepare yourself....
  • TinaS88
    TinaS88 Posts: 817 Member
    If you can't say the words on the ingredients label, then you don't eat it! :) LoL. It's eating non-processed foods.
  • Ral263
    Ral263 Posts: 318 Member
    For me, it means that I don't eat foods/condiments that come out of a package. This means that my diet consists of : Fruit, vegetables, fresh fish or chicken/turkey.

My only exceptions are greek yogurt (plain, nothing added), almond milk, 100% natural protein powder and frozen fruit and vegetables. Even though these are "in packages," they (for the most part, almond milk and protein powder is a bit more complicated) come in their ORIGINAL state. The more steps that a food goes through in order to get to you, the less healthy it is for you, IMO.
  • 3dogsrunning
    3dogsrunning Posts: 27,167 Member
    You are exactly right, not everyone's idea is the same.
    Here is a good article on it (someone else posted it here)
    http://www.wannabebig.com/diet-and-nutrition/the-dirt-on-clean-eating/
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Whole grains, fresh fruits and veggies, low fat dairy and lean meats.
    If man makes it, don't eat it.

Simple deal.
  • kikkipoo
    kikkipoo Posts: 292 Member
    The only down side is that if it doesn't come in a package, then it doesn't have a nutritional label, and I don't know how to accurately log it. Meats, fruits and veggies are the hardest to track.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    The only down side is that if it doesn't come in a package, then it doesn't have a nutritional label, and I don't know how to accurately log it. Meats, fruits and veggies are the hardest to track.

Easy?
    Forget easy; look it up and log it.

Again, simple deal.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member