Has anyone else been thin before?

Options
I am just curious. I grew up scrawny. and thin, no curves haha then I had to babies and got curves with some added 40lbs of fat :) I don't consider myself fat however... unhealthy and a lil chubby yes but not fat. I wanna get that pre baby body back but with more curve. My husband likes it... anyone else doing this as well :) FRIEND ME!! if you need support

Replies

• melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    I was always thin but had curves, even at my skinniest in high school when I was about 115 pounds and 5'7" tall. I started packing on the pounds after college when I transitioned to the world of sedentary desk work. I don't have/want kids, so I can't even blame it on them :bigsmile:
  • rainbowbow
    rainbowbow Posts: 7,490 Member
    Options
    Thin is a relative term. I am 5'4 and three years ago I was 105, five years ago and for a long time I was 98. My highest weight was 134- which as I said, relative. Some people consider 134 thin. O_o I'm 116 right now.
  • amycal
    amycal Posts: 646 Member
    Options
    YUP I was skinny all through high school, gained 10-15 pounds of fat freshman year of college but lost it the next summer. I was probably between 120- 130 when I got married in 1988. I am also 5'6" I got down to 140 after my second daughter by following a low fat/high carb diet - although I was working out. I got busier and quit working out at all, renovated a kitchen, moved to a new house, had a lot of financial stress and started eating way too much crap and got up to 184. Thankfully I have lost about 30 pounds and have a newfound for fitness and trying to eat really well. I am hoping to lose another 10-20. Not as concerned about the # on the scale as I am with losing the rest of my belly fat
  • carolineb81
    carolineb81 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yes. I was always really slim until I had 2 children with 18 months apart, put on a ton of weight when pregnant but working on losing it now and getting back to old figure
  • SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    Yep I was always tall and skinny with no curves until about 2 years ago when I got super depressed and hated myself and sat and ate all day every day.
  • JT1090
    JT1090 Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I used to be 130lbs. At 5'7 that was skinny! Now I'm 176 :grumble:
    I'm also trying to get back to my skinny days lol.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    Yup.. I was always slim up until my soph. year of college when I went to work at a residential camp. It was all down hill from there

Growing up I was always between 130-145... when I left college, I was 180. That is roughly 40 pounds of weight gain in 3 years.. and now that i've undone most of that, I def. don't want it to happen again.
  • jlowensby
    Options
    I was always kinda chubby as a kid, then lost weight my freshman year of high school..only year I had lost the weight size 6. Then my freshman year in college lost again and in a size 6...then got pregnant...have never been back in a size 6 since then, but 8/10....

It's been an up and down roller coaster for me. But this time on it for life..to stay a healthy weight :)
  • 12skipafew99100
    12skipafew99100 Posts: 1,669 Member
    Options
    I was, and I hate that I can remember how wonderful it was.
  • nomena
    nomena Posts: 165
    Options
    I used to be quite thin, I was underweight until puberty. I was a normal weight, always on the the slim side, but gained around 10-15 pounds due to depression.
  • alecta337
    alecta337 Posts: 622 Member
    Options
    In high school I was thin, but I didn't weigh myself ever so I don't know how thin

I rarely ate and I could see my hip bones. I am pretty sure most of my calories came from alcohol. The only time I ever ate fast food was when I was drunk, but I would end up throwing all it up, cause I was so drunk, lol.

When I came to college I was somewhere around 125-130, my mom said she though I looked too thin. The meal plan made me gain almost 20 lbs, the only edible foods were straight carbs: pasta (usually with creme sauce), pizza (with way too much cheese), rice, and bread.

I'd like to get back to 130, but its so hard with all my time being taken up by school =[
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    yup, pre-kid I was a scrawny, no shaped size 0 wearing teen. Then I hit my 30's and everything changed!
  • quietlywinning
    quietlywinning Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I was skinny until about 38-39, when I went on an antidepressant that depressingly made me gain 40 pounds. I went off the med but not the weight, so I joined MFP at almost 48 and am losing it. I guess being over 40 means I can no longer just be thin, I have to make it happen. Sure wish I'd thought of THAT about 8 years sooner!!
  • rileamoyer
    rileamoyer Posts: 2,411 Member
    Options
    I was thin when going through my divorce. That was the only time in my life, it lasted about 6 months. I was 'skinny fat' not healthy.
  • BuffyKicksButt
    Options
    Yep having babies really does change your body - most times for the worst. I was thin didn't have to wear a bra - it was wonderful. Now if I don't wear a bra my tata's will touch my 1st stomach roll. Gross - oh well I suppose this is the price we pay for being blessed with kids. :)
  • ch178
    ch178 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    Yes I used to be 112lbs, that was before a really hard time in my life and 2 pregnancies in a year and a half. I'm heading back to that now :)
  • sburde2
    sburde2 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I was always thin and fit growing up (I did judo for 13 years so that helped a lot). Once I got to college though I gained about 20 lbs which on a 5' person like me is very noticable!
  • spiritwolf13
    spiritwolf13 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Yes I have I have always had curves and well how do they say it baby has back. I am 5'7" and in my late 20s I weiged about 120lbs. I am not looking to weigh 120lbs I am pretty much OK where I am at now if I loose that is great.(around 10lbs would be good) I just do not want to gain anymore so the people on MFP give me support and I like to help motivate people too if I can.
  • 4thehardman
    4thehardman Posts: 731 Member
    Options
    I guess I'm the first no then? I have never been skinny or really ever been ok with my weight. When I was 9 my mum took me to the doctor and told him she wanted him to put me on a diet because I was fat. Looking at the photo's I was a very healthy weight but my sister was very underweight. It was around this time that my unhealthy relationship with food (eating in private, binging etc) started and I've been battling it ever since.
  • Hyperspace
    Options
    Yes. I usually stayed between 97 and 108 lbs until I was about 30. Then I started having trouble. I've gotten down below 105 several times since then but I can't stay there. I'd just like to get back to around 110.

During my mid-20's-- when i was single and child-free-- I worked out like a fiend. I was 98 pounds, completely ripped, and I ate everything in sight.

People think 120-something sounds thin, but for me (5'2" and small-boned), it isn't. I've got 33% body fat right now.