I need a few simple dinner ideas...

Options
kitn621
kitn621 Posts: 215
I may be trying to lose weight and watch my calories, fat, and portions but I have 4 kids and a husband that I also have to think about. I need ideas on dinners that are simple and can make with most everyday foods we keep in the house. Anyone have any? I got a few off of here today just need a few. I am just getting into cooking these last few years so trying things new are fun but nothing too complicated....am i picky or what. sorry :ohwell:

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated....you have no idea...3 or my 4 kids are teenagers (14-18) so trust me they like to eat.

THANKS!!!:wink:

Replies

• kitn621
    Options
    I may be trying to lose weight and watch my calories, fat, and portions but I have 4 kids and a husband that I also have to think about. I need ideas on dinners that are simple and can make with most everyday foods we keep in the house. Anyone have any? I got a few off of here today just need a few. I am just getting into cooking these last few years so trying things new are fun but nothing too complicated....am i picky or what. sorry :ohwell:

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated....you have no idea...3 or my 4 kids are teenagers (14-18) so trust me they like to eat.

THANKS!!!:wink:
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    One that I found on here was a marinade for chicken that is quick and yummy. Take some balsamic vinagrette, I add regular and then a little bit of raspberry vinagrette, mix em together and use that to coat the chicken on the bbq or in the oven. Once it's done we put a little feta over it. Serve with some basmati rice (which is soooo easy to make) and asparagus which goes in the oven, add a little of the pam spray then sprinkle with a little bit of breadcrumbs on it..in the oven for 8 minutes...done...easy!
  • Thin4payton
    Thin4payton Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I want to mark this so I can find it after work!
  • KITTYKITTYBUTTER
    Options
    I want to see everyone's ideas for this so I'm marking it.
  • RD2be
    RD2be Posts: 10
    Options
    kraftcanada.com is my favorite!

you can search recipes by prep time....ie: 20 minutes, 30 minutes

you can even type in 3 ingredients that you have and want to use and it will spit out all the recipes that have those ingredients in it.

When you are looking at the recipes that come up there is a little sun for the healthier choices.
  • kitn621
    Options
    thank you....
  • vanessadawn
    vanessadawn Posts: 249
    Options
    hungrygirl.com has great low cal ideas. But if you are cooking for a fussy family I wouldn't be scared to just make normal things, and keep your portions in check. Also adding more vegetables to your plate. Also substitutions can really help the stats, like using fat free mushroom soup in a casserole instead of normal. good luck!