=(

Options
im getting totally bored with low calorie:sad: This is only my 4th week and ive had good progress but im getting bored with the food! I want some mac n cheese with fries and a cheeseburger ahhhhhhhhhhh. Seems like im just eating the same ol things all the time! I do fine with my smoothie for breakfast then my workout then small snack and then my salad for lunch but as soon as my hubby gets home around 3 its all over. I wanna snack and munch and were up so late that it leaves plenty of hours to crave all kinds of "bad" foods:sad: :sad: I gotta get outta the funk cuz the last 4 weeks i have worked to hard to just give up now!:cry:

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    im getting totally bored with low calorie:sad: This is only my 4th week and ive had good progress but im getting bored with the food! I want some mac n cheese with fries and a cheeseburger ahhhhhhhhhhh. Seems like im just eating the same ol things all the time! I do fine with my smoothie for breakfast then my workout then small snack and then my salad for lunch but as soon as my hubby gets home around 3 its all over. I wanna snack and munch and were up so late that it leaves plenty of hours to crave all kinds of "bad" foods:sad: :sad: I gotta get outta the funk cuz the last 4 weeks i have worked to hard to just give up now!:cry:
  • FluffnStuff
    FluffnStuff Posts: 387
    Options
    Watching what you eat doesn't mean ALL your food has to be low calorie.
    You CAN have a burger (extra lean ground beef, whole wheat bun, etc)...
    You CAN have fries...

It's about portion control.
  • leann_m_olson
    leann_m_olson Posts: 363 Member
    Options
    Maybe you're not eating enough during the day, sounds like you may need more protein so you are not so hungry at dinner. Of course I am not a nutritionist and this is just my thoughts. :smile:
  • photoman67
    photoman67 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I've found that since I've gotten healthier I go to bed earlier. That helps take care of the late night cravings and I feel great in the morning. I also found that eating a large, healthy breakfast (egg beaters and oatmeal with fruit) ensures that I'm not as hungry during the rest of the day. Having something that is not as good for you is alright as long as you do some potion control and don't get back in the habit of eating it too often.
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    The honeymoon's over. Remember this is a marathon not a sprint. LIke Brile said you can eat other things just try to keep it lower fat when possible. If you need a Mickey D's cheeseburger then have it. BUT work out and eat good the rest of the day. As long as you don't let one indiscretion foul up your day, week, etc. then go ahead. This is a lifestyle change. Moderation is key!

Good Luck!
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Watching what you eat doesn't mean ALL your food has to be low calorie.
    You CAN have a burger (extra lean ground beef, whole wheat bun, etc)...
    You CAN have fries...

It's about portion control.

Baked sweet potato fries! They are so yummy! There was a recipe posted for them a few weeks ago.

But I agree on portion control and maybe getting more of your calories in during the day. For a smoothie would never be enough for breakfast. The calorie count might be there but I'd be hungry again soon. For me whole grain bread toasted with just a slight swipe of butter and a fried egg holds me over longer.
  • MJA1970
    MJA1970 Posts: 32
    Options
    Have you read the book by Bethanny Frankel? It's called "Naturally Thin". I just finished it and I think she has a lot of great info and tips in it. One of the "10 rules" is that you CAN have it all, just not all at once. For example, if you want a cheeseburger, have a cheeseburger; just forgo the fries! Or if you want to go out for dinner, have the waiter box up half of your meal and have the second half for lunch the next day! I have been craving a Snickers bar for days now (my favorite candy bar), so guess what? When I go to the store today, I'm buying one! Of course, considering how much sugar it contains, I will have to watch my overall sugar intake the rest of today, but to me...it's worth it! When I dieted before, I would give up my favorite foods (often keeping them out of the house to avoid temptation). Now I keep them in the house and I am practicing self-control, because there is NO way I can go the rest of my life not eating grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and Snickers bars! Moderation really is the key, I think.

Here is the book I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Thin-SkinnyGirl-Yourself-Lifetime/dp/1416597980/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241626126&sr=8-1

Good luck to you -- you CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Here's my thoughts on this...I am going to tell you what I told myself. Why do I you want to lose weight? Is it to feel better? is it because you don't like what you see when you look in the mirror? Then you need to seriously stop and think before you snack. This is the reason I say diet suppresants are a load of crap, because it doesn't get to the heart of the issue. Think about it. If you are doing this because you don't like how you feel then do it, go ahead and eat a bag of chips, and then snack upon snack BUT, basically this means you are giving up the right to complain about how you look or feel because you are CHOOSING to look or feel this way by the way you are choosing to eat that stuff. You KNOW eating a bag of chips is the road to feeling bad, so by choosing to eat them, you are choosing to feel bad. Actions have consequences. So next time you feel like snacking on something bad, ask yourself, are you REALLY hungry? or are you doing it because you just want to and have no willpower. If you are hungry, then eat, eat something that will make you feel better. If you are doing it just because you want to, then ditch the childish attitude of...but I want it, put on your runners and go for a walk to take your mind of the situation. I had to do this over and over and over again until I could FINALLY make the right choices without basically having an internal argument with myself every second of the day. Now it's more like....Yes, I could have that chocolate bar, but then I wont be happy, so Im not going to have it......

THAT being said. I STILL mimick what everyone else is saying. Everything in moderation. I still eat all the things I love, the chocolate and in fact am having a burger for lunch. But until you can have that control and REALLY understand WHY you are eating...it's pointless. Now when I have a chocolate bar, I dont mind because a) I know I am going for a run later, and b) I am having it not because Im bored, or because I feel I am entitled to it or any other reason than....I want one, I havent had one in ages, and it wont be a slippery slope back down to eating a chocolate bar every day.... Does that make sense? I hope so....I am just telling you what I went through...good luck!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    This is what has gotten me through the past couple of months. I know if I want to keep the weight off I have to control the portions of my favorite food. So I have the double cheeseburger no mayo from wendy's and and orange or grapefruit. I basically nixed the fries because they were not worth it to me.
    Have you read the book by Bethanny Frankel? It's called "Naturally Thin". I just finished it and I think she has a lot of great info and tips in it. One of the "10 rules" is that you CAN have it all, just not all at once. For example, if you want a cheeseburger, have a cheeseburger; just forgo the fries!
  • marcycbradford
    Options
    I went to the library just this week and brought home 3 low-cal cookbooks because I was growing sick of my limited menu. I was suprised by how many beef recipes there were. I'm so excited to add in potato, pasta, and beef into my diet!

The more you workout the more calories you're allowed. Only have half the bun, try to order the healthiest one on the menu. The only problem I can see is if you can't have just one.

Mix it up and workoff any extra calories! You can do this!
  • chulie
    chulie Posts: 282
    Options
    Ohhh and..side note..because i LOOOVE mac n cheese too...hehe..for now, until you can control things better. Go into the frozen good aisle, they have all kinds of mac n cheese for like 300 cal, they are portion controlled so you CAN have them without say...eating the entire box...like i HAVE done in the past!hahahaha...
  • Phoenix_Rising
    Phoenix_Rising Posts: 11,417 Member
    Options
    Have you read the book by Bethanny Frankel? It's called "Naturally Thin". I just finished it and I think she has a lot of great info and tips in it. One of the "10 rules" is that you CAN have it all, just not all at once. For example, if you want a cheeseburger, have a cheeseburger; just forgo the fries! Or if you want to go out for dinner, have the waiter box up half of your meal and have the second half for lunch the next day! I have been craving a Snickers bar for days now (my favorite candy bar), so guess what? When I go to the store today, I'm buying one! Of course, considering how much sugar it contains, I will have to watch my overall sugar intake the rest of today, but to me...it's worth it! When I dieted before, I would give up my favorite foods (often keeping them out of the house to avoid temptation). Now I keep them in the house and I am practicing self-control, because there is NO way I can go the rest of my life not eating grilled ham and cheese sandwiches and Snickers bars! Moderation really is the key, I think.

Here is the book I'm talking about:

http://www.amazon.com/Naturally-Thin-SkinnyGirl-Yourself-Lifetime/dp/1416597980/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1241626126&sr=8-1

Good luck to you -- you CAN do this!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks for the link to that book.
    I need to read it. And re-read it.
    I've followed your advice (which is my own advice, haha) and then I forget it and have to restart.
  • Anna_Banana
    Anna_Banana Posts: 2,939 Member
    Options
    Eat a cheeseburger or mac and cheese. Just don't over do it and work it into your calorie count. Or give yourself a free day once a week where you eat what you want. This will help keep you from splurging the rest of the week.