Loss Question...

Options
Just wondering if anyone had success without exercise???

Just a question because I'm trying to get into a pattern of exercise, and I know there is a difference when you incorporate exercise into the program but curious nonetheless.

Replies

• chriscoates7025
    chriscoates7025 Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    It is all about calories in vs calories out.
    If you are burning more calories than you are consuming then you will loose. However the less active you are the less you can eat and still get results.
    Also the physical activity increases your metabolism and the amount of calories you body burns through the day
  • Sine688
    Sine688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options

While this is technically the accepted "diet ratio", I have had very good success using Metabolic Typing. Over the past year I have lost 30 lbs and while I continue to struggle to fit regular exercise into my regime, I'm still able to loose weight. Would my weight loss go faster with exercise, sure and there are a ton of other health benefits too but you are still able to loose weight by eating sensibly and healthy foods.

I don't count calories at all but watch my percentages of carbs vs fats and proteins. Right now my weight loss has stalled but that is because I've gotten off track and I'm struggling to get back on my program.

Just another opinion/option.
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I have a hard time exercising so it has seldomly been done(probably 4 times in the last 6 weeks) since I started. I have however managed to loose 11 pounds and counting in that time. I was just wondering because a part of me would like to know if I could have loss more had I incorporated exercise into my daily routine.
    I have started parking further away when I go out and I don't make the kids get things from downstairs for me anymore...so I think that may help out just a tiny bit.

I just found out they fixed the treadmill at my job so I will start exercising more.
  • nicehormones
    nicehormones Posts: 503 Member
    Options
    If you are burning more calories than you are consuming then you will loose. However the less active you are the less you can eat and still get results.
    Also the physical activity increases your metabolism and the amount of calories you body burns through the day

You got it dude ;)

I also find that I make better, more healthy food choices throughout the day if I've gotten in a good workout. Not to mention, it causes a decrease in my appetite so I eat less.
  • mrsfortune
    mrsfortune Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    Increase in Metabolism and Decrease in Appetite!! Those words are very important to me!! Definitely a reason to get my butt in the gym! Thanks
  • Sine688
    Sine688 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    11 lbs in 6 weeks is nothing to sneeze at! For manageable weight-loss (meaning one that can be sustained over a long period of time) it is recommended that people not loose more than 1-2 pounds per week. You are definitely in that range.

What I have found with adding in exercise that it is very important to also measure yourself. Quite often at the start of an exercise program you are burning fat but at the same time building muscle so the number on the scale won't change much but you will notice your clothes getting looser, feel better and have more energy. Those measurements will be decreasing even if your weight isn't.

I figure as long as some number is getting smaller - it is a good thing!

Good luck,
    Sheena
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Technically, you don't need it to lose weight.

In the real world, sticking to a consistent routine is the key to long term maintenance.