Protein Powders

Options
Hello all,

I am thinking about adding protein mixes into my diet- I was curious what are the best kinds, what is the most cost effetive, and what combinations of protein powders taste the best. when is the best time to incorporate them?

Thanks you all your advice!!! :)

Replies

• sherrisloan
    sherrisloan Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I do Jillian Michael's. You just have to get used to the taste to start to like it.
  • amanda987654321
    Options
    I was told within 30 minutes after your workout to help your muscles recover.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Hello all,

I am thinking about adding protein mixes into my diet- I was curious what are the best kinds, what is the most cost effetive, and what combinations of protein powders taste the best. when is the best time to incorporate them?

best kinds: depends on what you're looking for. basic protein powder? meal replacement?
    cost effective brands: dymatize
    best tasting brands: xtreme formulations, gaspari myofusion
    best time to incorporate: It doesn't matter, sufficient total daily protein is what does matter.
  • martinbeks
    martinbeks Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You know me. I'm obsessed with ohsheglows.com, and she recommended Garden of Life Raw protein powder, which takes its protein from vegetable sources. She says you have to mix it with a lot of fruit or something else because it doesn't have much sugar or anything to cover up that taste, but it works as a base to make your own. I keep meaning to try it, but I don't have enough money right now. I saw it on Amazon, and it got really good reviews, too.
  • Russellb97
    Russellb97 Posts: 1,057 Member
    Options
    Myofusion is my favorite too!
    Also the XF Cinnmon Roll and Trutein, Milk Chocolate and Cinnabun

You have good taste bro
    Hello all,

best kinds: depends on what you're looking for. basic protein powder? meal replacement?
    cost effective brands: dymatize
    best tasting brands: xtreme formulations, gaspari myofusion
    best time to incorporate: It doesn't matter, sufficient total daily protein is what does matter.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I honestly just like the brand that Costco sells (Kaizen)--it's got a lot of protein per scoop and it's low in calories. I just mix it with water, or with frozen fruit and the tiniest bit of water so that it mixes super thick like ice cream--that's my treat at night. It would probably be fabulous with yogurt or milk. It is a good price and I like the flavour.
  • hummelen
    hummelen Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    more like an additive to my day- could be used as a meal replacement in the morning for breakfast... I am looking for something that tastes good is low in sugar and lower in calories. Sounds like there are some favorites by many :)
  • brucedelaney
    brucedelaney Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    I'm a fan of Body Fortress, you can buy 2 LB containers at Walmart for $15, I mix it in my coffee some days, make smoothies, or even mix it in to yogurt. It's very low in carbs, 140 Cals, 26g Protein per scoop.
  • marc777
    marc777 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    I'm a BSN fan myself. Chocolate peanut butter and chocolate mint are amazing! I mix them with a scoop of brown rice protein from Jarro and it's like a nice malt! Experiment with the brands. I just wouldn't buy one if it was all whey protein concentrate.