Done Ripped in 30, is it worth buying 30DS

Options
Hi, Almost completed Ripped in 30 and love to hate it. Hard work out and will prob do it again in new year and push harder, but am thinking of getting 30DS for something different. will i find it different or will i feel it is just the same. Also any thought on jillians Bum thigh workout, worth getting too, once all completed might mix them up in my routine.
Thanks

Replies

• skywa
    skywa Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    i wanted to try ripped in 30 days. how was it? did you get results?
  • chauncyrenayCHANGED
    Options
    imho, Ripped is waaay harder than 30DS.
  • nolachick
    nolachick Posts: 3,278 Member
    Options
    imho, Ripped is waaay harder than 30DS.

agree. if u have netflix u may be able to just rent it and see if u wanna buy it tho :)
  • lin7604
    lin7604 Posts: 3,019 Member
    Options
    how is it harder, i was thinking of getting it next when i'm done 30 ds...
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Don't know about these. I'm getting P90X2 for the New Year -- it's a much bigger commitment, though. Good luck!:smile:
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Ripped might be harder but you can increase your weight while doing 30 day shred and get a more intense work out. Instead of using 3 lb weights do 5 or 8. You can also hold on to the weights for the entire thing or get wrist and ankle weights to do it for a more intense burn and more strength training. IMO it's worth trying if you need a change. I'm doing it now. I started with Shred because Ripped is supposed to be harder but when I finish 30 days I will do it again and again and try to do it with more intensity and higher weights.
  • Ifly4free
    Ifly4free Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like 30 day shred better. If you like ripped, I think you would also enjoy the shred. For the money, you can't beat it.

Tracy
  • JWeaser
    JWeaser Posts: 302
    Options
    I agree, I thought 30DS was easier than RI30. You should look at some of Bob Harper's workout videos. He is intense and you can use as much weight as you want. Most of his videos have a short and long version too.
  • mrsfoose
    Options
    No sense it doing 30DS. I recently completed Ripped in 30 as well and have started Extreme Shed and Shred, the newest in the line. Yesterday was my first day, and I am used to Jillian and I sort of thought it was easier than Ripped, but today I woke up with noticeable soreness in new places. So that's my recommendation.
  • clarebrad
    clarebrad Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips, might get extreme shed and see how go and will up weights when doing ri30, and will check out bob harper.
  • MJ7910
    MJ7910 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    I'd suggest 6 week 6 pack or killer buns in thighs. i thought 30DS was easier than Ripped. i started with 30DS and Ripped felt a lot harder.
  • TriciaZ944
    TriciaZ944 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    I also think ripped in 30 was harder. I like the DVD no more trouble zones. I've been mixing that with the ripped in 30 and boost your metabolism DVDs.
  • therealkittymao
    therealkittymao Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I think Ripped is a little harder, too. The workouts are a little longer than on the 30DS, because there is more work in the strength portion. 30DS still works GREAT, though. I personally love them both, and I alternate them all the time so I don't get bored. I JUST ordered Killer Buns and Thighs, and from the looks of the preview on Youtube, it's going to be MURDER!!!!