Looking for Friends for the Journey

Options
Hi everyone! I am Crystal. I set up an account with MFP a while back but within the last couple of weeks made the decision to get serious about my weight loss. I need to lose about 100 lbs and feel overwhelmed. I am looking for people to chat with for tips, recipes and motivation along the way.

Replies

• Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    It's normal to feel overwhelmed but take a deep breath and look at it this way, you didn't gain the weight overnight, you're not going to lose it overnight. Take baby steps and say, "just for today I'm going to....eat healthy, make good food choice, drink 8 glasses of water." I lost 40+ lbs In '04 and if I looked at the fact I had 40 lbs to lose, I would freak. So I just looked at today, knowing that days become weeks and weeks become months and sure enough the weight came off. As long as you make a conscious choice each day, you will succeed :). Oh, and don't beat yourself if you have and off day. Good luck!
  • swtgrl42
    swtgrl42 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    welcome Crystal! I also have 100# to lose, have been here for about a month. Love this site, so encouraging and motivational. Will send a friend requst your way. Good luck!
  • ShefMum
    ShefMum Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone! I am Crystal. I set up an account with MFP a while back but within the last couple of weeks made the decision to get serious about my weight loss. I need to lose about 100 lbs and feel overwhelmed. I am looking for people to chat with for tips, recipes and motivation along the way.

Well I hate to be cliched but what's that saying, "the journey of 10,000 miles starts with the first step". Try and focus on the first lb, congratulate yourself, then the next lb and the next lb. I'm gonna break my weight loss down so that I focus eg on getting under 12st. to start with, then the next half a stone and so on. That seems more manageable to me!
  • breeves25
    breeves25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your decision to get healthy! Feel free to add me as a friend !
  • MsSickOfBeingFluffy
    Options
    Hi I'm new to this! Feel free to add me, I am 24 years old looking to lose about 60lbs while breastfeeeding
  • sarahwls100609
    sarahwls100609 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I love MFP it is a wonderful tool for weight loss and keeping yourself accountable. I have met some really nice friends here as well since we are all on the same journey to better health and wellness and need the support and words of encouragement to help us along. I have lost 112 lbs and my diabetes has completely reversed. I was on 5 insulin shots and 2000mg of metformin. I had WLS two years ago and not only had the diabetes reversed but, I am off all my meds for high blood pressure, high cholesterol and depression. I was 348 lbs before my surgery at my
    highest weight and I am now 236 with a new lease on life. I wish you much luck with your journey and just know that you have the support that MFP brings, as it has assisted me and I just love the new friends I have made. :flowerforyou:
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    lol don't come in telling yourself you need to lose 100lbs, set some smaller goals, then slowly increase them. Setting yourself up for 100lbs out the gate is adding some unnecessary stress and contributing to that overwhelming sense of overwhelm'ness.

Set daily goals like.

1. I will log my food all day as accurately as possible every day.
    2. I will slowly add in healthier food items
    3. I will cut out one bad thing I have eaten and or severely reduce the intake of said item (for me it was soda)
    4. I will walk today
    5. I will go to the gym

Never say tomorrow....

Never say I will get to it

Never say I cant do it

Never say Its too hard. It really isnt its quite natural.
  • creedrrt
    creedrrt Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone for the encouragement!