New to fitness pal!

Options
Hi all! So excited to learn that you can converse with others on this site! would be nice to have that extra help and people to vent to when i need to! This journey will not be easy and sadly ive been on it before. Im the heaviest ive ever been and hope that this time the weight will stay off! So very excited to start and good luck to everyone else!!:smile:

Replies

• rachaelsue
    rachaelsue Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I am new to this site as well, and would love to be your friend!
  • MegMilleratc
    Options
    MFP is way better with friends. I'll add you and from my monthish on here it works, even on not so good days.
  • Ljohnverrell
    Options
    Welcome! I'm new here too! :)
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Hi I will add you also the friends and the inspiration , the accountability helps godd days or bad ,
    Best of Luck
    :flowerforyou:
  • jody2807
    jody2807 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Welcome to you also:smile:
  • Joniboloney
    Joniboloney Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Welcome. Please feel free to add me as a friend :)
  • breeves25
    breeves25 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    This site is great! You will love it :smile: Feel free to add me!!
  • tonyamc1234
    Options
    anyone feel free to add me also :)
  • clrrrr
    clrrrr Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Welcome!
  • Apazman
    Apazman Posts: 494 Member
    Options
    here are a few tips that I found to work for me:
    1. Make MFP your home page
    2. Log in EVERYDAY, read the message boards post.. Keep your mind actively thinking about it.
    3. Don't try to change too much at once, Implement 1 change every week or so. Little tweeks over time seem to work best or at least better than but load of change all at once
    4. Always be honest. We al fall on our way to the top, be honest, no one is judging you here... we all support eachother
    5. Keep trying new things until you find what works for you (It took me a while to find my plan and it works great for me but I wouldn't push it on anyone else)
    6. Its easier to lift weights than the burdens of carrying weight.
    7. take it one day at a time.
    8. Have a cheat day or meal, where you eat what you want
    9. Try to talk to yourself as if you are talking to your child or loved one. Often times the thing we need most is to be a better friend to ourselves.
    10. Smile.
  • sunray56
    sunray56 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone ---- I am a "renew" ...... need to loose more than the 15 that I did last year!!!
    Would love to journey together with a few new friends
  • RockyYbarra
    Options
    im looking for more friends to go with me on our way to a new life!!...MFP friends ppl add me!!!
  • albertalisa08
    albertalisa08 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    New as of yesterday. Have the app on my Iphone. Sent a few invites to friends and family to help cheer me on during my journey. I gave birth to a baby boy two months ago. I am back to my pre-pregnancy weight but I was already a bit heavy before I was pregnant. I want to feel healthy and strong and have a rocking new wardrobe by next spring.
  • ginny22890
    ginny22890 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    WELCOME!! I'm new her too!! Good Luck on you're journey!
  • Shantel17
    Shantel17 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i've just been here a few weeks. anyone feel free to add me!! :)
  • dragonrider77
    Options
    I'm new to Fitness Pal but I've been working on getting healthier since September 23, 2011. I caught myself in the mirror and decided I needed a change. I started at 220+ (that's close enough) and weighed in a 199 lbs when I joined Fitness Pal today. My goal is just 9 more lbs and then to maintain. I found I missed having a daily food log and I can use this on my phone as well.