Has anyone else been thin before?

Options

Replies

• kbanzhaf
    kbanzhaf Posts: 601 Member
    Options
    Until I was 7 and I spent most of the summer with neighbors when my grandparents were in a serious auto accident, and my parents spent several weeks four hours away with them at the hospital. My neighbors had "soft" butter, and boy did I eat a lot of bread and butter that summer. I then battled weight issues until I was 45 when my doctor sent me to a nutritionist to try to avoid being put on insulin. It worked. :wink:
    Kaue
  • gazz777
    gazz777 Posts: 722
    Options
    Yes. At birth. Lol. Seriously, I never remember it, so I am looking forward to getting there. Even now I say 'nothing tastes as good....'
  • yabbo24497
    yabbo24497 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I was tall and thin growing up, then gained the freshman 75 in college, lost 85 and have since gained back 65. Since college I've been on the diet rollercoaster and I'm back on my way down and intend to stay there.:happy:
  • yabbo24497
    yabbo24497 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Don't give up! I'm finding this site is very helpful. We're all trying to do the same thing...be healthy, not thin (although it sounds nice), but at a healthy weight. If you haven't already, download the app. I look at my nutrition for the day to see what I'm having too much of or not enough. I've found out that I'm ODing on protein and not eating enough potassium. My lack of potassium could explain the charlie horses that I get since I do drink a ton of water.
  • MeowserKitty
    Options
    Yes. When I was about 11 I weighed 69 pounds. I was like 5'2. It was gross. Then I went off my ADHD meds and peaked at 130 5'5. I'm back on my meds and living healthier and now I'm thin again.. 5'5 114 :)
  • northernemm
    Options
    Yes in my early twenties I was about 105lbs, I was very active and I didn't really focus on my weight or what I ate. But slowly over the years I have put on 30lbs or so. Initially I didn't think much about it as I am 5ft6 and happily went up a dress size. After my clothes started to not fit again that's when I decided enough is enough and I joined MFP :) I still have my tiny jeans and I am gonna get back into those :)
  • Slove009
    Slove009 Posts: 364 Member
    Options
    A couple years ago I got down to 108lbs, but when I got a desk job vs retail I started packing on the pounds. My highest weight was in high school at over 150lbs. It WAS all muscle until I snapped a tendon in my right leg. Then it quickly turned to fat. I'm just over 122lbs now, looking to get down to 112-115. I wouldn't call myself fat either, just added a little extra cushion in case I fall. :)
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,594 Member
    Options
    I was a rail as a kid. I was thought to be underweight for my height. I graduated high school at 124lbs at 5'7".
    My daughter is considered underweight now.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • lthomas42
    lthomas42 Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I've always struggled with my weight, but when I was 20 years old I lost a bunch and kept it off until this year. I was fit, slim, and looked awesome. Gotta get back to where I was, I felt so good. I'm my own motivation
  • danapearly
    danapearly Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I was always thin growing up. At 5'2" I weighed 98 pounds. After 2 kids my body never went back to "normal". Had a very hard time losing the weight. I did lose about 40 pds several years ago and I have now put it back on. Trying to do this again and keep off this time. You can do this. Even though we probably won't get back to where we were, we will get to where we are comfortable in our own skin, feel good about ourselves and like the way we look when we look in the mirror. Hang in there. YOU CAN DO IT!!!
  • crysofmyk
    crysofmyk Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Not thin exactly, but I always considered by body to be trim and sexy...till I had my son that is. Now I'm fat. But like you I don't really think of myself as fat, but when you put your stats into (for example) Dr. Oz's weight loss challenge and he says you're in pretty serious health dangers, then I got to face facts, I guess I'm fat now! But not for long! Going to friend you, we can support each other to be fit mamas.
  • ShaneWinston58
    Options
    I was always slim 130lbs (5'7") until I stopped working at 41 years of age. I gradually gained weight until I reached 225. Then I lost weight , by working hard in the yard, and was at 130lbs. again. My jeans were 6's and 8's. Now I weight 187lbs (down from 196lbs.) again.
  • Sweetcheeks278
    Options
    Oh yeah. I graduated High school 5'6 and 110 lbs. Could eat anything I wanted and lose weight. THEN I had kids. For some reason no matter how healthy I ate I gained. Takes me a while to lose it too. got down to 125 after my first child and then now with my second I'm down to 130 and I'm pretty happy here. Wish I could get this stupid stomach to go away tho. :grumble:
  • brat68
    brat68 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thin all my life even after three kids dropped the weight really quick and then last year I exploded like a balloon. After being thin I found the extra weight hard to carry and found I just couldnt do things like I use to so I made a decision and have stuck to it ever since!!!
  • KokomoJoe
    Options
    I was always thin. Could eat whatever I wanted. I weighed maybe 150-160 through high school being 6 foot tall. I started working construction and bulked up to 175 or so. I joined a gym and started working out as well and I remember the owner of the gym telling me I had the genetics to bulk up to 225 to 235 and be very muscular. I laughed and said there was no way I could gain that (I was maybe 180 at the time). I have been as high as 290 so obviously I can be more than that and right now I want to work my way down to 225. After 30 something I could no longer eat/drink what I wanted but still didn't seem "fat" at 210 or so, but I was always working physically or working out if I had a desk job so it was ok.
  • Hourglass25
    Hourglass25 Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    Yes I was before I had my daughter. I had my son eleven years ago, didn't gain much weight and lost it all right after giving birth. With my daughter was another case I gained around 35lbs. I lost all of it , plus ten more...
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I used to be quite skinny in high school. Moved away from home for college, gained curves and a butt (finally!) and packed on another 30 lbs. One year after college I'm trying to lose to 30+ pounds. I am considered overweight by 20 pounds.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options
    I was on the lower end of a healthy weight when I was a kid. In high school a lot of kids in gym class said I looked "anorexic" but to be honest, I don't think any of them met a real live person with an eating disorder of that nature. I did get some curves, but even then, my limbs were very bony in appearance.

I rounded out a bit in college, but was still a very healthy weight.

After college is when it started piling on.

I'm 5'2" and I was 105 in high school, probably about 120 in college, but I didn't own a scale back then. Now I'm 155 and I was probably 170 at my highest within the last year or two.

I would love to get back to 130.

However, this time, I want to be muscular, not bony. :wink:
  • bootbuilder
    Options
    I am with you. I was 110# and 5'6" through high school, 120# in college, got married had 2 children and was up to 153#. I have been working hard and have lost 18# (should be more but slacking with the holidays) in the past year. I would love to see 125-130# again permanently.
    !
  • kekl
    kekl Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I've been in the 140-150 range ever since i hit puberty. My first year of college I was on the 'starving art student' diet and experienced the freshman -15... I was about 130 then and looked a bit too thin for my liking.