Victoria Secret Christmas 2012

Options
Every year I watch the Victoria Secret Fashion show because I absolutely love the lingerie. :heart: When I was a svelte 115 pounds I use to wear it with pride. Now, I wear granny panties and nude colored bras from the dept store :sad: because I just don't feel that sexy anymore. This year when I watched it I got to thinking "Why am I sitting here wishing I still looked like that instead of actually making it happen?" :grumble: The answer is simple I have become lazy. I use to run, dance, and never sit until I was about to collapse. :yawn: Now, my only exercise is getting up and going to the fridge. Unfortunately, my body shows it. Not just on the outside but on the inside as well. I have very high cholesterol and a slew of other weight related problems. So, not only do I have to get my weight down I have to tackle those things as well.
Learning to eat is going to be my biggest challenge. :brokenheart: I love high fat and high sugar foods. These things need to be very scarce in my diet. Exercise is going to be another challenge cause I am indeed very lazy.
My goal is to simply get to a fit 125 pounds and correct my health problems. Very doable but it is going to take ALOT of work. In the past I have struggled with thinking it's got to be perfect but I know that is not the case and that I need to do this honestly and with an open mind. I'm not perfect. I will never be a super model but I can be the best model of myself.
So, VS look out for me Black Friday 2012! :noway:

P.S. If you are interested in being my friend please send me a friend request. Out of respect for my husband I only except friend request from other women. I know the guys understand. :smile:

Replies

• xxsmoochesbabyxx
    Options
    let's be angels!!
  • jac_downs
    Options
    Awesome...it sounds like we are on the same page...I would like to be and find a buddy that is willing to stick through this....I get bored easily and I need someone to kick me in the butt when I am slacking...So add me as your friend and we can start this journey together....Good luck
  • PedmomJill
    PedmomJill Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    That's a great long term goal! Slow and steady is definitely the best way to lose if you want to keep it off. You can do it! If I had known a year ago it would take this long, I'm not sure I would have committed. Of course I am so glad I did now, but you know what I mean. Being realistic in our goals is really important so we don't lose hope. Good luck to you!
  • RAFValentina
    RAFValentina Posts: 1,231 Member
    Options
    There was an article about the bazaars the other day on the models and their unhealthy lifestyles... the fact one of them will not eat solid food for 9 days before a shoot/show etc... So basically that skinny look is an unhealthy starving person's look...
  • VS4Xmas2012
    Options
    There was an article about the bazaars the other day on the models and their unhealthy lifestyles... the fact one of them will not eat solid food for 9 days before a shoot/show etc... So basically that skinny look is an unhealthy starving person's look...

I don't want to look like a super model. I just want to be able to look good in the clothes.
  • k8es
    k8es Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Love, love, LOVE this post and I am in a similar position. Each year I watch the VS fashion show and I have somewhat of a Vickies obsession. Most of the angels are my inspiriation ... dare I say girl crush :blushing: I will never be (or hope to be) as skinny as those girls, but there is a history of healthy, athletic angles (i.e. Heidi Klum, Marissa Miller) who motivate me.

Unfortunately in the past two years I haven't bought anything because I don't like the way that anything looks on me :cry: SO, I love your idea and can't wait to run up the balance on my Angle card with you on the next Black Friday!
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    Wierd the user deactivated their account!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Wierd the user deactivated their account!

Strange
  • sunnykt
    Options
    Maybe it was "out of respect for their husband"...
  • CRMrunner
    CRMrunner Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Maybe it was "out of respect for their husband"...

Or maybe Victoria's Secret created it to get some free advertising. ;)
  • Nita_Bita
    Nita_Bita Posts: 136 Member
    Options

I don't want to look like a super model. I just want to be able to look good in the clothes.

I hear you on that!
  • MelissaAnn1983
    MelissaAnn1983 Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Anything could have happened. But judging from the topic name my vote is advertising. How smart though. I know I wanna know what is going to happen next Christmas! But I love this post. Very motivational!