One bad thing about losing weight is...

Options
dckim
dckim Posts: 311 Member
...that I have to keep eating less and less. When I started MFP, it says to eat 2200 cal, now it's down to 1900. And more I exercise to earn back cal, I become ravenous. :sad: Any thoughts?

Replies

• ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,714 Member
    Options
    You eat less because your body needs less. Once you hit maintenance, your calories go back up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    ...that I have to keep eating less and less. When I started MFP, it says to eat 2200 cal, now it's down to 1900. And more I exercise to earn back cal, I become ravenous. :sad: Any thoughts?

Or exercising longer and longer. Yeah, already happening to me, and I've only been doing this just shy of a month.
  • bjshields
    bjshields Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I second the niner dude. Good luck, I know it can be rough, but hang in there it's worth it!:smile:
  • aion26
    aion26 Posts: 14
    Options
    Same problem here, although I wish I had 1900 at my disposal, my counter now suggests I eat 1230 a day, which I don't find to be all that much. That being said, I don't always listen to it and just try to keep my eating healthy and my exercise up.
  • DiamondRubyMom
    DiamondRubyMom Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Are really hungry or just craving food. IF the first try more protein and healthy fats to make you feel full longer. If the second try foods that are calorie less dense such as fresh veggies. Sometimes it more about you mind thinking you have chewed enough and not actually how much is in you stomach. Good luck!
  • KariePerez
    Options
    Because the more you lose the less it takes to fuel your body. And if you are eating the wrong types of food you are going to feel really hungry after exercising. You have to get creative with the "good-for-you" foods to find ways to make them appealing to you but still healthy at the same time. It hasn't been easy for me either. Since having my last child I have not just enjoyed food but I married it lol I am still working on giving up the sugar that one is a hard one to give up. I am here if you need someone to talk to or support.