workout DVD's

Options
what are some good workout DVD's? I'm looking to get a few, to use on the days I dnt feel leaving the house to workout. Suggestions

Replies

• sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    I really only know what I've been able to get streamed on Netflix, but so far I have like all of the "Self" videos and most of the "Crunch" ones as well.
  • monarchjen
    Options
    If you are into cardio kickboxing - I TOTALLY love Turbo Jam by BeachBody - My favorite workout is Cardio Party

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/turbo-jam.do

Chalene is super motivating, I love the music and you get these turbo sculpting gloves that help tone your arms!
  • backstreet1008
    Options
    If you are into cardio kickboxing - I TOTALLY love Turbo Jam by BeachBody - My favorite workout is Cardio Party

Chalene is super motivating, I love the music and you get these turbo sculpting gloves that help tone your arms!

Agreed, she's excellent! But DON'T buy it from their website it's way over-priced. I got mine on Amazon for $12 :)
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    There are soooooo many to choose from. Go to collagevideo.com for video clips and tons of info. This may help you narrow down your choices.

Hulu.com has a health & fitness channel - there are some streaming ones there.

Cardio - dance, walking, kickboxing, step, etc. I can't dance - so I do walking videos. 5 Really Big Miles (at Wal-Mart & Target) - gives you a good start. You can bring the intensity up or down as needed. You don't need to do all the miles ..... it's chaptered so you skip around. For step aerobics - Cathe Basic Step is a great place to start.

Strength - weights, weight bearing, pilates, power yoga, etc. I like Lelly Coffey Meyers DVDs - 30 Minutes to Fitness. These DVDs have 2 thirty minute workouts each, with lots of premixes .... keeps the video fresh.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

Agreed, she's excellent! But DON'T buy it from their website it's way over-priced. I got mine on Amazon for $12 :)

I am doing this now too. I bought mine on Amazon after ordering it from the library. The Amazon discs don't have the same features that the library's copy has, and the cover is kind of blurry, which makes me think it's bootlegged.

Anyway, Turbo Jam is wonderful so far. I haven't done all the workouts. I've just repeated the Learn & Burn 3 times, done the 20 min workout and did the Turbo Sculpt twice. They are all challenging, without being too tiring.
  • melanielockard
    melanielockard Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    fan of turbo jam also, so fun and motivating
  • lilsassymom
    lilsassymom Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Anything by Jillian Michaels:smile: .
  • backstreet1008
    Options

I am doing this now too. I bought mine on Amazon after ordering it from the library. The Amazon discs don't have the same features that the library's copy has, and the cover is kind of blurry, which makes me think it's bootlegged.

Anyway, Turbo Jam is wonderful so far. I haven't done all the workouts. I've just repeated the Learn & Burn 3 times, done the 20 min workout and did the Turbo Sculpt twice. They are all challenging, without being too tiring.

They're not bootlegs unless you got them from an independent seller. It just doesn't have the bonus features. Mine doesn't either but my roommate has them on hers and they're not that great. Definitely not worth the extra money.
  • AZackery
    AZackery Posts: 2,035 Member
    Options
    Tae Bo
  • staceyb2003
    staceyb2003 Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I like Bob Harper's Inside Out Method, very challenging.
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    Options

They're not bootlegs unless you got them from an independent seller. It just doesn't have the bonus features. Mine doesn't either but my roommate has them on hers and they're not that great. Definitely not worth the extra money.

I did get it from an independent seller, but I also found out it was NOT a bootleg, so I take back what I said earlier. I guess I got a different version than the one I borrowed from the library. The serial numbers are different and the features listed on the cover do explain the differences. I just had to get a little more enlightened... I need to learn to check that stuff before flapping off on the internet... oops.