Why am I gaining weight despite diet and exercise?

Options
13»

Replies

• Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I have been on this site for 6 weeks now. I have only lost a mere 2 kilograms and then gained them back- so the scales tell me. I do not do weight lifting, so I don't understand. I do burn around 400 calories a day through exercise. Is that too little? My goal calorie is 1200 a day, how much do I have to burn a day to actually start losing?

After 6 weeks, no wonder I am discouraged and feel like nothing I do is working.
  • Naomi_84
    Naomi_84 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    Eat more!! If you struggle add nuts and avacado to your diet as they're high in calories and nutrition. I am 5ft 1" with 30lbs to lose I started on here eating 1200 a day but my weight loss stopped after 2 weeks, I increased my calories to 1500 a day and eat between 1300 and 1500 and I am losing consistently (hopefully I've cracked it now). Everyone's bodies are different but you're definitely not eating enough. Eat more, give it a few weeks and see how your body responds.

Good luck
  • Wafflecatcassie
    Options
    Oh! I forgot to mention - I had to have a root canal on my premolar (which turned out to be completely unnecessary because I have a fracture that the Dentist missed...) and so it's been difficult for me to eat. For a long time I was on a liquid diet or couldn't eat at all.

Today I didn't eat anything until 4pm (Well...that's when I woke up. I don't know why I slept so long @_@) and, despite being famished, barely got through 1/2 the meal before I was full. It's been almost another 5 hours and I'm only now starting to feel a LITTLE hungry.

I normally don't skip breakfast, but lately I've been getting up later (like 1ish) for some reason.

I don't know what's going on with me. I've also been very depressed and anxious lately. I've also cut caffeine out of my diet as much as possible. Is it possible that I'm having withdrawal?
  • Mrsko79
    Mrsko79 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    This helped me so much Thank you for sharing
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    deleted because this is a necro post....