New and ready to be a big loser!!

Options
Hi!

My daughters got me into this! I am already amazed at how many calories I would be consuming if I wasn't keeping track!

My goal is to lose 20 pounds before the first of September - big 30 year class reunion coming up! I am gonna look great!!

Those same daughters that showed me this website are vegans and I am jumping on that bandwagon too! My only problem is that I don't really enjoy cooking and it's hard to make such a dramatic diet change. I need to find new recipes and new ways of doing things. It is difficult right now at the beginning but I don't think it will be forever and it's gonna pay off in so many ways!

Replies

• garretson8
    garretson8 Posts: 2
    Options
    Hi!

My daughters got me into this! I am already amazed at how many calories I would be consuming if I wasn't keeping track!

My goal is to lose 20 pounds before the first of September - big 30 year class reunion coming up! I am gonna look great!!

Those same daughters that showed me this website are vegans and I am jumping on that bandwagon too! My only problem is that I don't really enjoy cooking and it's hard to make such a dramatic diet change. I need to find new recipes and new ways of doing things. It is difficult right now at the beginning but I don't think it will be forever and it's gonna pay off in so many ways!
  • btgeisey
    btgeisey Posts: 7
    Options
    More power to ya, I personally couldn't do the vegan thing, I like all foods way too much, but I wish you the best! Therefore I cannot help w/ the recipes. I am new to the site myself. Good luck!
  • btgeisey
    btgeisey Posts: 7
    Options
    I agree that the calorie counter is crazy!...I am amazed at the amount of calories that i consume! Hopefully this will be my motivation if not to slow down eating, it will be to add the excercise to balance out what I do eat.
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP the best website ever. I :heart: it here and I think you will too. This site is so supportive, motivational, helpful and is so easy to use. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smile: :flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • josie66
    josie66 Posts: 20
    Options
    Hi and welcome. I agree about the vegan thing. I just don't think I can do it and you need some protein. I know you can do it and look great for your reunion. Your picture is very nice. I just started this week and I am really excited. This site makes it so easy to keep up with what you eat and your exercise as well. I weighed this morning and I have lost 3 pounds so far this week. I have also lost an inch in my bust and half an inch in my waist. I know some people say not to weigh every day but I stay more motivated if I do. If I wait until a week is over I tend to lose some motivation. I am trying to balance my workouts out. I try to do some type of exercise every day but on days I don't have to work or have more time I try to exercise more. Hope to chat again soon. Have to go now.
    Josie66::flowerforyou:
  • LisaZaugg1976
    LisaZaugg1976 Posts: 1,144 Member
    Options
    welcome to MFP this site is realy wonderful has really helped me get into the 120's