Turkey Necks!

Now I've lost weight I've noticed its very visible in my neck... luckily its freezing in yorkshire so can disguise it with jumpers till about March.

Has anyone found any exercises that work? I've seen some devices you can buy to tone neck and wondered if be worth buying one to improve neck before summer comes?

I've been lucky with no saggy skin anywhere else... tummy which has biggest hasn't got saggy skin but I have been doing pilates throughout, so just wondering if there were any exercises for toning neck?

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,519 Member
    HIIT swallowing
  • jackiebo
    jackiebo Posts: 115 Member
    LOL I thought you had a good use for turkey necks! There are some exercises for your neck, in the meantime, put a lot of moisturizer on those sags. Nice pup!!
  • jb_2011
    jb_2011 Posts: 1,029 Member
    Look up the Yoga exercise called "Lion", it's for firming the muscles of face and neck. You might feel kind of funny doing it, eyes wide open and bugged out, mouth open as far as possible, tongue sticking out lol. Try it!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Thanks guys.. I've not idea what HIT swallowing is.. when I googled it.. it just asked if I was swallowing my smoke! :noway: .. so no idea what that is!

The Lion pose was funny I found a video of it!

Any creams you can recommend? just anything with collagen in it or a specific one specially for neck? any brand names I can search for?

Thanks
  • fiberartist219
    fiberartist219 Posts: 1,865 Member
    HIIT stands for "high intensity interval training", and I'm pretty sure the swallowing comment was a joke.

Honestly, I have no idea what to do if your neck looks like a bird's neck.
  • Try "Boots #7" from Target. I was talking with a woman who saw it on "Dr. Oz" and then used it on only one side of her neck to see if it really worked. There was a definite difference--but not so much that she looked lopsided. :-)
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    well it doesn't quite look like one yet, but its in danger of getting there... lol!

I had a look on ebay under 'neck creams' and found one I could afford which should arrive before xmas as emailed person to ask if they would sent recorded delivery if I was willing to pay for it... I'll start with that one and see how I go... if not I'll have to try a different one.

Luckily its winter here so I'll be wearing my high neck jumpers till at least March so got about 3 months to tone it up before I turn into a turkey! :laugh: .. now just need to sort these damn hormones out.... lol.. any suggestions? :noway: :ohwell: :sad: :laugh: