I am addicted to food!!!

Options
HELP me please!!! I am def in a bad place right now and I am totally addicted to food!!! I need a support system so is there anyone out there who wants to be my workout buddy OR someone to go on this journey with me?!?!?!?

Replies

• kountrygrl27
    kountrygrl27 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I can completely understand. I have this addiction as well. I will be ur buddy as I need the support too.. alot of my friends dont understand what this addiction is like. Please feel free to add me and we can support each other on this journey.
  • fit4life1010
    Options
    Hi!! I know where you are coming from. I had lots of ups and downs when it comes to weight. I recently found peace and learned what proper nutrition and exercise is. I used to be addicted to food too. It was more of a stress reliever for me. It was a way to get my mind of things happening in my life. I especially went crazy when I was studying for exams. I had to constantly be eating something and it usually was sugary, fatty things.

But then I started eating healthier, eating meals that satisfied me (more nutritionally dense) and eventually the cravings went down. I also turned to other things to relieve my stress like turning to my friends for support or exercising.

I'm here to support you :) Stay positive and keep fighting :) I know you can do it! Take one step at a time and don't get discouraged.
  • cameralinds
    Options
    Holy cow! You're in St. Albans? I'm in Huntington!

I'm with you on the addiction aspect. Sometimes it's just difficult to I don't know, moderate? I'll walk the road with you, if you need another person.
  • jnissi
    jnissi Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Aaaah me too. Plus, my DH cooks amazing but very fatty food that is so hard to resist! And let's not even talk about chocolate. LOL
  • Raven59
    Raven59 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I hear you ladies...i've got a bad relationship with food and need to learn how to portion control. I am 31yrs old and i weigh 154lbs. I would like to lose 20 pounds by May 2012 and get to a healthy BMI index...right now it states that i am overweight-great! I'm looking for some support and believe that if i log what i eat and my exercise things should get better. anyone have any tips or suggestions on snack ideas or what to do when the hunger gets out of control. good luck to all.
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    I am with you - a total addict...lol

I eat like a government mule, yet over time have learned to reserve my outright binges to monthly events, and splurges to weekly indulgences.

In time control got easier. It was very hard at first, but what helped me was to visualize myself fit, and associate pain with failure, pleasure with success. That helped change my habits over time, and I lost 64 lbs so far, and I still get to eat a lot - over 3000 calories daily!

No starvation diets here, and I lose about 1 lb a week with 13 more before reaching my goal.

You can do it too.

Be strong!
  • EQHanks
    EQHanks Posts: 170 Member
    Options
    Hey girlies..right there with you. This is part of the reason I have had so many weight ups and downs. I can't stop snacking sometimes and snacking turns into binging where my whole day is ruined. I want to help be a supporter to anyone here who is struggling with this too! We can help guide each other every day!

Going to bed so I don't snack anymore tonight! Ugh!
  • Raven59
    Options
    is it possible for me to lose 20 lbs or move from a size 7/8 to a 5/6 by May? any thoughts? i want to be able to lose slowly and in a healthy way. i've given myself this timeline and hopefully i can stick with it.
  • kt14ec
    Options
    I understand, I am in the exact same place. Feel free to add me. anyone -- I really need the support. I don't have any friends on here and I feel like that's why I'm not sticking to any of my goals!!! Help!
  • Raven59
    Options
    you are not alone...hopefully we can all motivate and challenge each other. i think this site is great and we can be held somewhat accountable. i really want to change and be healthy again. have a good night.
  • Vermilla
    Vermilla Posts: 348
    Options
    I used to be utterly addicted to food. Not just eating it but cooking it and anything to do with food. I still have food pictures, food plushies, food stickers...all over my house. Even my candles are shaped like food or at least smell like them. (mm, I love the Christmas gingerbread ones!). I know all that sounds so creepy :ohwell: But over time I got new activities to do, interests and hobbies, and when I first began logging everything I ate rather than the whole "Oh, it's just some candy, it doesn't count" thing, it really helped me off my addiction. I also find that having plenty to drink will help because even if your brain goes "I want that because it looks so yummy!" your stomach will say "Please don't." :laugh:
  • JulieSue
    JulieSue Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    thanks girls!!!!

I dont know what my problem is but I just eat, even when I am not hungry!!!! I cant stop and I am addicted to it...if its there I eat it and at work its always there :0( and I have some amazing friends but all anyone wants to do is EAT out or catch up at a party with foods....and I just cant say NO.....UGH

I am getting married in May and Id love to have lost 40lbs by then but now its Dec and the end of it at that with Christmas coming up and I dont wanna look ALFWUL in my pictures but it just kinda seems like I will :( thanks for being there!! id love to keep up talking with you all becuz I just dont know what else to do!!!!!