sugarless gum

Options
shannahrose
shannahrose Posts: 585 Member
anybody chew it? do you log it in your calories? the orbit that i chew says "<5 cals" per piece. worth it?

i'm using it as an appetite supressant :tongue:

Replies

• shannahrose
    Options
    anybody chew it? do you log it in your calories? the orbit that i chew says "<5 cals" per piece. worth it?

• petunia
    petunia Posts: 336 Member
    Options

I chew it. I don't log it.. not enough calories to worry about...

I also use it to keep from eating.. keeps my mouth busy doing something besides shoveling food in!
  • Chenoachem
    Chenoachem Posts: 1,758 Member
    Options
    I also use it but don't log it. One of my weight loss tips recently was that chewing gum can increase your metabolism. Not only are keeping from eating but you are losing more calories than doing nothing.
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I think I am addicted, chew it constantly!!!! Don't log it though, don't think it would make or break my cals for the day...
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options

i chew that and sugar free candy ..i dont log it...im not where i have to have a piece in my mouth every second...I guess if your consuming more than 40 calories worth u may want to log but otherwise i wouldnt
  • shannahrose
    Options
    ooh i hadn't thought of sugar free candy -- what's your favorite?
  • NASCARGIRLLUV
    Options
    I DO CHEW THE ORBIT GUM AND LOG IT JUST TO COUNT EVERY THING THAT GOES IN MY MOUTH FOR A WHILE TO SEE THE AVERAGE AMOUNT OF CALORIES DEVIDED UP THROUGH OUT THE DAY,PLUS I QUIT SMOKING A COUPLE WEEKS AGO SO NEED IT FOR THAT AS WELL.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    chew it, don't log it. Especially after dinner when I want sweets.
  • JDHINAZ
    JDHINAZ Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    chew it, log it...
  • librarygirl
    librarygirl Posts: 182
    Options
    I also chew it when I'm wanting something sweet. I also pop some into my mouth when cooking dinner so I won't be tempted to sample!
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    chew it, no need to log it b/c you will burn those <5 cals while chewing it :wink:
  • michlingle
    michlingle Posts: 797 Member
    Options
    ooh i hadn't thought of sugar free candy -- what's your favorite?

I don't know about you, but sugar free candy, i.e. lifesavers, any of the chocolate varieties, don't agree with me very well, read the disclaimer on the package to find out why...
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    Options
    I chew a pack a day and I do log it. Only because I want to see exactly what I'm putting in my mouth. I also log my crystal light. I won't do it forever and it is a minimal amount, just like to see everything so I can't try to "fool" myself on anything I'm consuming. And it does work for me to surpress my apettite.
  • ktduitsman
    ktduitsman Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I love to chew gum, I really do think it helps me from eating!!! No, I do not log the 5 cals...