65 down - halfway home! (with pics)

Options
LeanerBeef
LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
This post is part success story, part blog post, part self motivation. Sorry if it's a little wordy but there are pics at the end. :happy:

I am halfway to my goal or halfway to total hotness as I like to tell the ladies, lol. It took me a little longer than I expected. I kinda hit a slow patch here over the last month or 2 but things are still moving in the right direction. I’m feeling pretty good.

This past week I’ve been told by one doc that I should have surgery on my shoulder and by another that I need to have my gallbladder removed. WTF…is someone trying to knock me down again? What the heck? Well, you know what, I’m not going to let that phase me. Nope – that would just be an excuse to give up and regain the weight like I have so many times in the past. I’m in this for good, this is not a diet – it’s healthy living. I’m not going to start stress eating or use this as another excuse or complain and whine. I’m going to keep it moving.

The good news is that neither surgery is absolutely required. The shoulder tear is very annoying but I can work around it for now. The gallbladder, well, I’m going to modify my food intake a little more. Try to do some research on alternative options to surgery and see how it goes. I’ve heard the horror stories but I’m not there yet.

Anyway, I know that this site not fully responsible for my success but it sure has helped. The success stories are so inspiring and my friends on here are just awesome. Thank you to all my MFP peeps!

Here’s a few pics to show you how far I’ve come. Still quite a ways to go but we’re talking about progress! Yes progress, on the left from earlier this year on the right within the last 2 - 3 weeks.

100_0900-1-1-1.jpg

100_0970-2.jpg

Replies

• AddA2UDE
    AddA2UDE Posts: 382
    Options
    Dude, that's awesome! You are an inspiration to me! Thanks for posting.
  • Melis25Fit
    Melis25Fit Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    You look amazing. I know you feel the difference too. Its crazy what a little hard work can do for a person. Keep it up, B. I am SO PROUD OF YOU. Thank you for continuously being a great supporter in my own journey. I really enjoy watching you succeed. In the wise words of some dude......."DOOOOOO IT" Clearly you are- you totally got this. Here come the next 65. Get it!
  • longoverdue
    longoverdue Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    WOW!
  • AwesomeSauce4
    AwesomeSauce4 Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    I am So Very Proud of you Sweetie.. You have done an Amazing Job and I Loveeeeeeee The Positive Attitude!!!!
    You are So right You WILL do this I Believe in ya.. So glad to be part of this Journey with you Sweetie..
    It really is a pleasure to have such supportive and Motivating friends like yourself.. Good Luck with the Shoulder and
    Gallbladder.. Love you Bunches and Keep being the Awesome Sauce Friend you are..

*muah* ~Rachel
  • gwild0r
    gwild0r Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    You are the man Beef.. A true inspiration.. thanks for all the support..
  • maggie4097
    Options
    Hot babeness!
  • LeanerBeef
    LeanerBeef Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    Thank you my friends - you are all awesome!
  • Jenscan
    Jenscan Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    Damn Beef, you are looking awesome my friend. Inspirational!!
  • LovelyLibra79
    LovelyLibra79 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    Very inspiring!
  • crzyone
    crzyone Posts: 872 Member
    Options
    You've done an awesome job. You look great!!! And, that little baby is just wayyyyyyy sweet!!!!
  • LeonaB17
    LeonaB17 Posts: 304
    Options
    Way to go Beef! Love the pic in the suit - lookin good :)
  • AnitaAntone
    AnitaAntone Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Excellent work and looking great in your progress pics!!!Glad to share this journey with you! Thanks for the inspiration and motivation!:drinker:
  • MidwestGirlz
    MidwestGirlz Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    You look amazing! Truly inspirational. I can't wait to see pictures in another 6 months!
  • KatieJane83
    KatieJane83 Posts: 2,002 Member
    Options
    WOW!!! You are looking fantabulous sir!! Way to rock!!!
  • Sumijain
    Sumijain Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    That's pretty fabulous!
  • hpynh2o
    hpynh2o Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Good for you! Looking great, and I'll bet you're feeling great too. :)
  • fuhrmeister
    fuhrmeister Posts: 1,796 Member
    Options
    what an inspiration, you have such a great attitude. Best of luck to you becoming more healthy and hopefully avoiding gallbladder surgery. Keep up the good work :)
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    Wonderful progress!
  • k121777
    k121777 Posts: 306
    Options
    You look amazing. And the expression on your face tells me that you feel like a ZILLION bucks on the inside, and that is awesome! I am proud of you and I don't even know you! Lisa From California
  • Wilmingtonbelle
    Wilmingtonbelle Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    You are rockin it!!! Thanks for posting, you are such an inspiration :flowerforyou:

Sláinte
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!