How to take measurements with body tape

Options
Hi everyone,

I have been using MFP for a few months with about a 4lb loss but I gained the weight back after I went on vacation for a week. I lost weight again but have been fluctuating between 114 and 111. I am not sure if this is because I have been drinking protein shakes after some workouts recently but I am getting frustrated. So I have decided that I am going to try and focus less on the scale and more how I feel and what I look like in the mirror. I would also like to take my body measurements (which is why I am posting this topic) but I am not sure how to go about this. Can anyone help? I read some sites that said just measure at the biggest part of the muscle and others either mentioned flexing the muscle at the same time or didn't mention it at all. Oh, and if anyone can maybe answer my question about my fluctuating weight I am 25, 4 foot 10in and the scale currently says 113.5lbs. Mfp has me on a 1200 cal setting and I try to exercise 3 to 4 times a week (yoga, circuit training, brisk walking and light strength training). Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Replies

• loserit
    loserit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I would suggest choosing the one that makes the most sense to you, then sticking to that one so that you can track your progress. Good luck!
  • BenderFitness
    Options
    It's more important to consistently measure the same spot on your body so you can measure changes. Generally do the smallest part of your waist, largest part of your butt/hips, rib cage below the bust, largest part of the bust.

If you're going to do thighs, arms and neck I would go at the widest part. I don't flex when I measure, but if you do make sure you do it every time you measure. :) Good luck!
  • mandylooo
    mandylooo Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    bump