Not Enough Variety

Options
What can someone do if they are picky eaters? Me, i am pretty bad. I have a bad habit of just not eating because I can't find anything I actually like. I don't have much variety in my diet and thats mostly because I don't like many things and half the things I actually do like I shouldn't be eating.

Thankfully with the MFP app I can scan everything and get an idea of how cr@p everything I'm eating is. I scanned my whole pantry last night and realized nothing in it is good =(

Replies

• Samantha1941
    Samantha1941 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Hmm, what do you eat now? And what types of things do you not like?
  • FitBridget
    FitBridget Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Variety's overrated. There's some research that shows that the more variety you have at any one meal, the more you eat. I eat one of three things for breakfast everyday, and usually the same thing for lunch every day. It's easier, and I get to eat what I like best. Find a few foods you like that give you the nutrients you need, and don't worry about having lots of variety.
  • smokey10910
    Options
    I am a huge vegetable fanatic! I found sweet potatoes, cabbage and feta cheese go super good together! Also I like to mix up dried cranberries, garbanzo beans and feta cheese! That is also muy bueno! :)
  • Tialove1
    Options
    You may want to try to add a little more food to your palette. What are you eating now. When it comes to food, you have to experiment to find out what else you may like. Eventually you will get tired of eating the same thing all the time. Start out with veggies. Just one at a time. Sometimes as a finicky eater, it can be something as simple as bad food preparation and seasoning that can make you not want to ever eat it again. But if you like, you can add me and I can help you with food variety. I went to culinary school to be a chef, which is part of the reason why I'm on MFP.
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    You may want to try to add a little more food to your palette. What are you eating now. When it comes to food, you have to experiment to find out what else you may like. Eventually you will get tired of eating the same thing all the time. Start out with veggies. Just one at a time. Sometimes as a finicky eater, it can be something as simple as bad food preparation and seasoning that can make you not want to ever eat it again. But if you like, you can add me and I can help you with food variety. I went to culinary school to be a chef, which is part of the reason why I'm on MFP.

I'm not only gonna add you cause you can help me but also because I like your name. Makes me feel loved =)
  • xxxTiaxxx
    xxxTiaxxx Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I am a huge vegetable fanatic! I found sweet potatoes, cabbage and feta cheese go super good together! Also I like to mix up dried cranberries, garbanzo beans and feta cheese! That is also muy bueno! :)

See I dont like any of the things you mentioned haha. I dont understand how someone can like it. It's beyond me. I'm so bad with those types of food haha
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    what things do you like?
  • tjpinch
    tjpinch Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    I ask because my husband is a picky eater, like to the point that I describe it as a food phobia. We take things that he likes, and modify them to make them healthier. That and we've been slowly (veeeeeeerrrrrrrry sloooooooooowly) adding new ingredients. If you tell us what you like, maybe we can offer suggestions to help. I know it might be embarrassing, but the only way we can help is if we know what we're dealing with.
  • mego07
    mego07 Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I am an extremely picky eater as well. Adding foods to "my" palate is easier said than done, so @xxxTiaxxx i understand where you are coming from. There isn't one veggie out there that i like and i love the tastes of fruits but the texture is what gets me. I've been thinking about maybe trying smoothies that way i am at least getting the nutrients... hmmm.

If you don't mind @Tialove1 and @xxxTiaxxx i'd love to add both to help one another out and to get some ideas!
  • Thena81
    Thena81 Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    get the book eat this not that! its amaze and its been working for me!!