Lunches and Snacks?

Options
So, being a teenager I'm still in school and I have a BIG problem making healthy lunches and snacks because 1. There is no where to eat at my school, and 2. It needs to be portable and easy to bring to school. Just looking for some tips on what to do here! Any type of help would be appreciated! :D

Replies

• daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    This is a pretty vague question - what do you like?

- PB&J with fruit and veggies on the side
    - Make a burrito with veggies, rice, beans, whatever
    - Buy a thermos to bring soup, chili or stew
    - Leftovers from the night before
    - Big salad with lots of veggies
    - Big green smoothies blended up and brought in a water bottle or thermos.

Lunch options for school are pretty endless, they just require a little more planning.
  • NotTomorrowToday
    Options
    Sorry for the vague question!
    I quite like these Ideas, and I guess I'll just have to get up earlier to plan more!
    Thanks! :D
  • kelly3779
    kelly3779 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    You dont necessarily have to get up earlier (if youre not a morning person). I make mine the night before. If you dont have refrigeration then that might be a little bit of a problem. Kashi makes some really good snack bars that you could keep a box of in your locker or something. But, you might want to try vegie sticks, a piece of fresh fruit, or nuts.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Sorry for the vague question!
    I quite like these Ideas, and I guess I'll just have to get up earlier to plan more!
    Thanks! :D

No need to be sorry! Just easier to tailor answers for you when we know what you like :)

When I was in high school, I always prepped my lunch the night before - that way if I wanted rice with my lunch, or wanted to sleep in later, I wouldn't have to worry about doing it half-asleep in the morning while I was trying to rush out of the house. Make big batches of things, or ask your parents to make extras of dinner so you can just grab them in the morning and go. So much less stress and hassle!
  • NotTomorrowToday
    Options
    Thanks for the replies! I really appreciate them, I will definitely use these ideas.

:flowerforyou:

And I do have a fridge. Haha!