Any "Musicians" here on MFP?

Options
TheTeeWhy
TheTeeWhy Posts: 186
I play guitar and bass, somewhat casually. I don't play them as much as I should and I see them sittin beside eachother begging to be 'played with ;)' but I just neglect em and dont really play often.

I have a Fender Precision knockoff bass, and an Ibanez Arondite ADD120.

Anyone else? My uncles, and grandpa used to do little shows around the city

Replies

• Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Fender Strat, Fender Tele, Fender Hot rod deluxe (modded tubes, modded speakers)
    www.koriandermusic.com
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
  • TheTeeWhy
    Options
    Thats pretty kick *kitten*. I wish I could solo =/ basically only solo I can do is the one from "Maybe Im Amazed" By Wings :P
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Ah! I love that song!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I play guitar, piano, sing, write my own music. You can listen to some of my older stuff here: myspace.com/arielleippolito. I have a couple videos my dad took at my first show as well on youtube.com/ariellemippolito. My last show was in May...hoping for some more over the summer. Have started incorporating covers because I love singing other people's songs. I find people get bored when I play ONLY original music since they don't know it.
  • naesue
    naesue Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    I'm a pianist and vocalist! Sang harmonies for my step brothers band a few times with him but mostly use my talents with my praise band at my church!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    I play piano and a little guitar, and love to sing choral (classical) music.
  • TheTeeWhy
    Options
    My brother plays guitar too, and I really wish we would jam more, we've basically only jammed to Man in the Box by Alice in Chains, and For whom the bell tolls, by metallica :P I need to up my game.
  • jeanie✰
    jeanie✰ Posts: 127
    Options
    I sing in the shower :D Haha, but that's awesome there's so much talent around here!
  • AnathemaRose
    Options
    Flute, Piano and Vocalist! Currently learning guitar on my own, but have to wait for it to be fixed (It's comb isn't the right size, so all the strings are nice and close to each other and impossible to play.) I also write my own music and lyrics. No recordings however.
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    I went back and forth. Did choir all through school, including in college. I couldn't put down the blues though. I add it to any gig I play, even if it isn't blues.
  • TheTeeWhy
    Options
    Yeh AJ, I've heard that learning blues is really good for some progress overall. Adds a certain substance, I really should take guitar more seriously. I have a few friends who play and it'd be kick *kitten* to be able to just rip out a few shows around the city if we actually got together and tried(and didnt suck *kitten* haha)
  • Ajontheguitar
    Options
    Play for yourself or your friends like you're standing on a huge stage. It will help you polish when you're by yourself.
  • Mills187
    Mills187 Posts: 171
    Options
    Yeah man I play guitar and sing havent been in a band for a while but used to play alot of shows a couple mini tours and stuff like that but joined the military and stepped away from it anyways I have a Jackson, An Ovation, A fender strat, a Schecter Hellraiser and just a beat up old acoustic.
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member
    Options
    Guitar, Bass (guitar and stand-up,) Violin, Viola, Cello (my personal favorite,) Drums ( a little,) and Piano.
  • gilmangirl
    gilmangirl Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    Well I don't play guitar, bass or drums. But I do play piano, flute and piccolo plus I love to sing so I guess that counts for something!
  • schexter
    Options
    bump
  • CrawlingChaos
    Options
    I play guitar. I recently got a schecter c-1 hellraiser and am really trying to find more time to play. Its tough though because all of the friends I have that play instruments are into way different music than me so I have nobody to jam with.

I also recently started dipping my hands into some electronic music, messing around with FL studio, reason, and cubase.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,669 Member
    Options
    Piano, guitar and drums.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • deeharley
    deeharley Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    Piano and vocal. My son plays guitar, and the other is learning piano.