Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Silk Almond milk!
  • dietpop
    dietpop Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Oberweis milk! It makes my coffee and oatmeal taste like a gourmet meal. http://www.oberweis.com/web/pledge.asp
  • sweets2001
    Options
    Silk Almond milk!

Ditto ^^. I will also buy Almond Breeze as well.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    A third vote for Silk Almond Milk!
  • RachelRunner78
    RachelRunner78 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Silk Almond milk!

Agree with the Silk Almond Milk, I buy the unsweetened kind and it only has 35 calories per cup.
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I don't know where to get silk almond milk :(
  • koosdel
    koosdel Posts: 3,317 Member
    Options
    Whole milk! It's milk!
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    I don't know where to get silk almond milk :(

Most major U.S. grocery stores have it (I'm assuming the WA in your location means Washington state, though).
  • snookumss
    snookumss Posts: 1,451 Member
    Options
    If you are talking cows milk, the fat percentage is based upon your personal goals. Are you going for alternatives? I wont have the answer there!
  • lisaelainee
    lisaelainee Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I like in Western Australia and i don't think we have it here :/
  • harrydresden
    Options
    You could try rice milk. It's low cal and damn nutritious. I'm in the UK, so I don't know if you can buy it there. I know what it's like to not be able to find things in your country...! Never heard of almond milk either.
  • vytamindi
    vytamindi Posts: 845 Member
    Options
    If you're talking about the fatty cow sweat version (MY favorite kind) anything organic. Seriously. I will never buy the junk in the gallon jug again, unless it's my local brand. Gotta help those farmers!
  • daffodilsoup
    Options
    Any unsweetened almond or soy milk is a pretty awesome bet - doesn't have to be the Silk brand in particular. Also, making almond milk at home is super easy, and often cheaper if you can get a good deal on bulk raw almonds.
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    Yet another vote for any kind of unsweetened almond milk (or maybe other nut milk, like hazelnut). Or rice milk. Soy milk is healthy enough; I think it's sorta gross, but hey, you might like it. If it's actual cows milk, definitely organic, lower fat versions are generally recommended (at least in the U.S. where I live), but that depends on your goals, and your fat intake from other sources.
  • rodegghero
    rodegghero Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    I sat organic, not skim
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    ORGANIC anything. Personally I love the taste of soy so I get organic unsweetened soy milk, but that's just me.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    oops double post. sorry!
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    I buy Blue Diamond Original Almond Breeze - I get my protein other ways, and I love the taste of almond milk!
  • jsuaccounting
    jsuaccounting Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    I think whole milk from grass-fed cows is best - if you can get it. Otherwise, i'll try organic in the hopes they let the cows eat grass on occasion. Whole milk is higher in calories because of the fat, but in moderation will help you eat a little less. Just keep track of the calories.
  • PixelTreason
    PixelTreason Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I use Almond Breeze instead of Silk but yes, Almond Milk! Original, Unsweetened - delicious!