A minor setback

Options
I have been having this excrutiating pain that I attributed to heartburn or indigestion, turns out it was my gallbladder!:sad: I went to the ER Sunday and had my gallbladder removed on Monday! I am very sore! I hope this doesn't set me back too far!!!

Replies

• Tif317
    Tif317 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have been having this excrutiating pain that I attributed to heartburn or indigestion, turns out it was my gallbladder!:sad: I went to the ER Sunday and had my gallbladder removed on Monday! I am very sore! I hope this doesn't set me back too far!!!
  • Alligatorshirts
    Options
    It shouldn't. You might miss some time working out, but I'm sure you can still eat healthy and document your calories. Its good they caught your problem when they did.
  • mbmempireranch
    Options
    Yikes !!!! Well just think, after you recover, you'll have less to weigh in :) LOL !!! Heck, I wonder If I can get mine taken out LOL !!!! Just kidding of course ;) Hope you feel better soon :flowerforyou:
  • OntheSand
    OntheSand Posts: 119
    Options
    It's funny.... I was kicking butt at losing weight and then I had a surgery on my lower back which prevented me from working out for three whole months... Ever since then, it's been pretty hard to get back on the wagon and find my motivation again! Good luck to you though - we're here if you need us!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options

Hey me too-- ran my first 5k on 4/19, had a gall stone attack that night-- too much potato salad. :blushing:

Had gall bladder out on 4/21, home on 4/22 and I'm back to running 2 miles--

This won't set you back-- be sensible, but don't use it as an excuse--

good luck!
  • ngwife4life
    ngwife4life Posts: 569
    Options
    Well, the good news is that now you don't have to worry about your gallbladder getting sick if you lose weight too fast!

I'm glad they caught it and glad you're OK!!! Hang in there, rest up and keep coming back here for support. You can do it!!! :drinker:
  • donnajcruz
    donnajcruz Posts: 14
    Options
    If you had invasive surgery (as opposed to laproscopic), please be very careful and discuss activity with your doctor. I had gallbladder removal (1998 invasive surgery) and 3 hernia surgerys were a direct result of that (surgery in same incision). Ten years later a staple was found in my pancreas from the 1998 gallbladder removal. Also, later last year, pseudocysts had to be drained on my pancreas. All this from the 1998 surgery. SO, BE CAREFUL. Best of Luck to you. Donna