started now finding it hard to stop

Options
3 days ago i had a desert and then some chocolates with my other half which is something i havnt done for ages. then the next day i found myself eating chocolates again a WHOLE tub of milk buttons. last night i went to the cinema and had sweets and when i got home a ham and cheese toaties (somthing i havnt had for months due to the calories.

i got into work today after making myself a salad for lunch and then i seen rice krispie cakes and had 3, why couldnt i stop at 1.
i ahte this chocolate addiction the more i say NO to myself the more i want one...

how do i get off this wagon before i end up back in the 12stone bracket (im 11st 12 now) was 11st 10 , 6 days ago

Replies

• zendarah
    zendarah Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Tommorrow is a new day! Get junk food out of your house so there's less temptation. You can stop eating junk if you really want it!!!! I believe in you :)
  • LindLTailor
    LindLTailor Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I know this sounds cheesy but the baby carrots work when I have a craving. They are crunchy and so are satisfying. At first you are like "Gross.. I don't want no damn carrots" but by the time you eat a few you are like "Hey... these are pretty good".
  • rosebarnalice
    rosebarnalice Posts: 3,488 Member
    Options
    STOP IT, DAMMIT!!
    You KNOW better than that; you ARE better than that!

'nuf said.
  • anulle2009
    anulle2009 Posts: 580 Member
    Options
    I agree with the carrots! those help me. I get the same way, i wont have it forever then TOM comes and all I want is sweets. I sorta do feel it is a addiction, you go long enough without it and you give rid of the feeling of wanting it. then BAM you have once piece and all a sudden you want everything covered in chocolate! Its horrible. I have a hard time with pop and beer!!!!
  • Bentley2718
    Bentley2718 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    That's SO hard, I've been there before. When I end up in that situation, I try to avoid those foods (get them out of my house, don't even look at them if I can help it), and surround myself with healthy things that I enjoy. I know once I'm in that mode, I won't stop at one, so I don't even let myself have one. It's usually a hard week or so, but I just keep reminding myself that it will get better, that I'll quit craving junk. You can do it!
  • BobbyClerici
    BobbyClerici Posts: 813 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I feel like a drunk who took that first drink, then went off on a bender.

I get it!

What keeps me straight is knowing I have one "free day", but these old habits are like monsters in prison. We may have them locked away, but those monsters are in that cell doing strength exercises and plotting ways of escape.

It's a daily challenge, and right now, I am winning, but I still respect those monsters enough not to cease being vigilant.
  • JayAlexander
    JayAlexander Posts: 268 Member
    Options
    Don't deprive yourself, it just makes you want things more. Burn the calories FIRST, then have a treat if it fits into your meal plan for the day.
  • jenny8902
    jenny8902 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I can totally relate with you on this. It seems like all it takes is one bad
    Choice. I tell myself ok have a brownie(or whatever it is that's tempting me) and then before I know it I had three or maybe even more. It normally seems that the bad eating lasts for a couple of days when this happens. It's better for me to just stay away. If I don't start I'm fine.
  • tonilizzy88
    tonilizzy88 Posts: 968 Member
    Options
    thanks everyone. i just had my salad for lunch and have a nice chicken dinner preped for tonight. i just hope i stay away from the christmas chocolates. i WILL eat apples and carrotts instead i need to undo the damage ive done before next weekend